MN Chat Thread

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Hey gang, does anyone need 4 AVUS rims, if so I'll bring them to Leppy's GTG. No reasonable price refused. Tires might have 10K left on them.

TDICADDGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 BMW X5 35D
$17...hows that? Maybe throw in a pair of choppers? ;)

In all seriousness...I might be halfways interested even though I already have a set. Let me look at the funds situation.

greengeeker

Vendor
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS
Sam, send Dtownr a PM as I believe he was looking for a set of Avus'sss to replace his 19's :eek: (PO's contribution to the car.:rolleyes: I'm sure they're great tires for Duluth )

Steve-o

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon
Sam, what size and model? I'm thinking of upsizing my summer tires from 15s and the rubber on the current tires doesn't have forever to live. But I sure wouldn't get in the way of anyone "completing a set" or who could really use them (like Dtownr).

I'll be at the GTG; turns out my wife will be helping a family friend's son move up to St. John's that day. So we'll make it a bit of a caravan.

A-Mark

TDI
03 Jetta
I need some work done (long)..will pay.

Hey - I haven't been on the forum in a while, but I was at a GTG a couple years back, and may have met some of you all...anyways - I've got an 03 Jetta TDI that is in need of some work. I am willing and able to do work, but don't have much experience. I can build you a house, or a guitar for that matter, but can't say I could do a timing belt change...

I live in Hudson WI, so am looking for someone in MN or western WI

Anyways - Here's what I've got:

1. I've got a squeak going on recently. I just noticed this a couple days ago. It sounds kinda like a how a squeaky trailer sounds at the ball/reciever area. I've noticed it more at slower speeds and when going over bumps. I don't think it has anything to do with suspension due to the fact that it will squeak from time to time when I start or shut down my car. I got under the car today, and I think it may be something with the exhaust pipes and how they are mounted. I was able to shake it a little and cause it to squeak much like I have been hearing. That's the only thing I could find, but I am not 100% certain that's the problem.

2. I've got a Starter that sticks from time to time. It makes that aweful sound...still starts fine, but I would like to either clean it out or replace the starter altogether before it gets too bad. It's been doing this for about a year (not all the time), and I don't want to put it off anymore.

3. My EGR and intake could use a cleaning. I cleaned it once at about 60,000 and I now have 148,000 on it and have had the same symptoms as I did before I cleaned it out the first time. I have done this once before with the help of my father, but I don't feel super confident in doing it on my own.

4. When I got under my car today I noticed some oily soot on my belly pan (that has some holes in it) - not sure what's going on there, but would like to have it checked out.

I think that's it. hehe

I figured I'd check here to see if anyone wanted the work instead of me going to a shop. I would much rather pay one of you (that is qualified) than pay a shop and not be sure if I am being ripped off or if they have eperience with TDI's... If you are willing and available to tackle all or some of this soon, please PM me or email me @ - aaronmarkson@gmail.com

Last edited:

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
the 21st is the date big guy!
I was not able to make the last one but hope to make it on the 21st. Can someone tell me exactly where and what time. Also what can I bring as far as food and/or drink?

Thanks

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Take I 94 to the Saint Joseph exit, turn right at the bottom and after a mile or two you will see all the VW's up on the hill. Actually Ben will post his actual address but this will get you very close. :)

I am hoping someone brings a grill as I like brats, otherwise we will have something in a crock pot and a cooler full of Flying Dog Ale. (We is myself and my Georgia Peach)

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Take I 94 to the Saint Joseph exit, turn right at the bottom and after a mile or two you will see all the VW's up on the hill. Actually Ben will post his actual address but this will get you very close. :)
QUOTE]

Better make that a left, unless you are coming from Fargo and another left, after 2 miles on 280th and one more left into the driveway. The stop at the 1st house.

Namakan

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 2011 JSW (gone), 2004 Jetta (gone)
I'd be arriving from the east so do I take a right or left at exit?

Also what time does this typically begin?

Thanks!

SpamJ

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2002 Silver
Left, Leppy will chime in with the particulars as it's his house, but if it as it's been before usually an 8 or 9 AM start time.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
Thanks Sam I am famous for right left dyslexia which is why I have a Garmin.

Well when you get off at Saint Joseph you turn west or back west.

I will leave the start time to Leppy. I will get there around 10:00 with my ramps, jackstands, floor jack, stainless tubing cutter, and 2.5" Whitbread downpipe.

Leppy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 white TDI 1.9l
The address is 11768 280th street st joseph mn 56374

It will start at either 8 or 9 depending on when people can show up and will likely go til 4-5 after that we will be shutting it down because of a huge house party I am having.

As always bring food and whatever drink you would like and I will try to make something as well, we can have a grill out there as well.

darkhorse

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Golf GLS, '01 Dodge/Cummins
The address is 11768 280th street st joseph mn 56374

It will start at either 8 or 9 depending on when people can show up and will likely go til 4-5 after that we will be shutting it down because of a huge house party I am having.

As always bring food and whatever drink you would like and I will try to make something as well, we can have a grill out there as well.
I'll try to get an early start but It looks like I won;t have a whole lot of time before that huge house party.

Leppy

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 white TDI 1.9l
I'll try to get an early start but It looks like I won;t have a whole lot of time before that huge house party.

you guys are more than welcome to continue working, but.... It will have to clear out at dark I think so like 9-10, also I will not be able to be around much after 4 as due to party setup and such.

1st_TDI:)

TDI
2000 Jetta Forest Green
Gtg

Missed last GTG. Had family visiting. :( Hope no relatives show to mess with this one.:eek:
Want to learn about some of your mods and see what I can do for my ride.:D

All of Us

Ian's Dad
TDI
2015 NMS Passat SE TDI "Gin" 2006 A5 New Jetta TDI "Graycie" and 2003 A4 Jetta GLS TDI "Liath"
Can't believe you guys are up to 3,000 posts already!

Dan

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta
Fitting, really, for a 3,000 post in the thread he started:

Just thought I should also mention the website I bumped into while trying to help a fellow tdiclubber over in the 101 section, since it might be a little handy for you folks too: vagcat.com
Doesn't sound like much and looks like a forum. Register, activate your account, then click "Go to Catalog" on the front page. Now you can see the same nifty exploded views of your car's parts and access all the numbers for them just like the dealer does.

Last edited:

GStreetE

TDI
01 Jetta not tdi
The 21st

Looking to attend my fist gtg, and i just so happen to have the 21st off unlike the last few gtg's. Thanks for the heads up GreenGeeker!

1st_TDI:)

TDI
2000 Jetta Forest Green
Looking for information: Are the shocks / struts / springs from a VR6 interchangeable to mkIV jetta? Just want to get my self off the pavement because I drag going in or out driveways or over speed bumps.

Last edited:

sirpuddingfoot

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat, 05 Jetta
Looking for information: Are the shocks / struts / springs from a VR6 interchangeable to mkIV jetta? Just want to get my self off the pavement because I drag going in or out driveways or over speed bumps.
For the sake of ease, I'll send you over to a couple posts on VWVortex. The short answer is yes they will fit, but you should probably think about replacing other suspension parts at the same time. See this thread and do a search in the MKIV-A4 section to find the "lift" solution you need.