MN Chat Thread

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Unfortunately, yes.. It does very well here in MN, But, we took it out west Black Hill SD for 2 weeks, put 2k on it. It didn't do so well uphill with a head wind. Don't get me wrong, plenty of power, enough power I could have melted the pistons to the cylinder walls I'm sure. I couldn't keep the EGT's down on the hills on 90 degree days and I don't have the ac hooked up yet..
This is why I always recommend that people immediately ditch the tiny little turbos that are so popular on this forum. Bet it'd do a whole lot better with a 40-45mm compressor inducer (and much more importantly the turbine to match).
something like a borg S-200 frame size

I'm always willing to store and rehome engines and parts. Been swamped with working on my house, but my #1 project once that's done is jamming an ALH into my '93 f350

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). Glow Bug TDI (sold)
This is why I always recommend that people immediately ditch the tiny little turbos that are so popular on this forum. Bet it'd do a whole lot better with a 40-45mm compressor inducer (and much more importantly the turbine to match).
something like a borg S-200 frame size

I'm always willing to store and rehome engines and parts. Been swamped with working on my house, but my #1 project once that's done is jamming an ALH into my '93 f350
Still gonna put that alh in there are ya? Won't that be a sight!

I apparantly need an alh in every other vehicle I own. I picked up a 07 chevy hhr the other day (ran and drove great, but has a slight tick), and wanted to race it tonight at kanabec county fair in the redneck races. I drove it a bunch around the farm, stripped it down, got it ready and brought it there. 2nd practice lap and i busted something, Cracked the oil pan, and now it barely starts. When it does it revs to 4k and stays there. I give it gas and it revs higher but wont come down. Ecotec 2.2 is bleck of a motor anyway, but i figured it would make at least one race.
Drove it at 4k rpm onto the trailer with help because of such little power. Now i got a bum car. Ugh
should have went with ford they all say.

Last edited: