mkvi jetta aux lighting question

digdug

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 jetta tdi
I have a 2013 tdi jetta - its a basic model so normal headlights which are ok but I also have a 2012 jeep wrangler that I put aux led lights onto and it's so much better driving rural/desolate backroads with extra lighting on my commutes. anyway, I want to add lighting to this jetta and one buddy suggested we put a light bar into upper grill/cut out the grill to accomodate it. good idea? or should I look to fabricate a lightbar/bull bar ( not too worried about stupid lookign

thanks

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
If your car has HID lights you can't wire the aux lights like in a older car, by splicing in to the high beam cable. I'm not sure if it's because of the canbus system going bananas or because the really high ignition voltage for the HID's, I believe it's about the latter.

Buy a LED light bar with as many 10W leds as you can fit. The Twin row light bars with 3-5w leds give a lot of light but not very far.

Caddy 16v

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta, 2000 Golf
You could fit some Hella Micro DE's into your bumper where the fog lights are suppose to be. They make a big difference.

Intech

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS, 1999.5 Golf 2 dr
I have a 2013 tdi jetta - its a basic model so normal headlights which are ok but I also have a 2012 jeep wrangler that I put aux led lights onto and it's so much better driving rural/desolate backroads with extra lighting on my commutes. anyway, I want to add lighting to this jetta and one buddy suggested we put a light bar into upper grill/cut out the grill to accomodate it. good idea? or should I look to fabricate a lightbar/bull bar ( not too worried about stupid lookign

thanks
PM Sent