Mk7 golf TDI DPF/EGR DELETE

onykid978

TDI
mk7 2015 golf tdi 4door
Hey guys and gals, I'm obviously new. This isn't my first Vw and won't be my last. So I am doing all the work my self. I got the DPF out and the egr cooler and all of that fun stuff. BUT!!!! I can't find the egr valve..... Which is weird unless it's the egr cooler. Here are some pics of my progress. Any help would be great on locating the egr valve. Thanks

Upgrades!!

Cr190 turbo

2.5" downpipe

DPF delete

Turbo back exhaust

Stage 3.5 Malone tune

Stage 2 clutch

:D

KERMA

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
99 beetle and 04 jetta
I think it would be really cool to see CR190 turbo installed with all emissions intact. (hint: coming soon)

onykid978

TDI
mk7 2015 golf tdi 4door
Here is a pic of behind the motor. I don't see an egr valve. Will get a better picture in a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Is that not the EGR valve attached to the cooler in your third picture? The system diagram in the EA288 .pdf shows it between the cooler and the turbo compressor (what Matt927 said), so it being attached to the cooler makes plenty of sense. Good luck with the rest of the job, and please get the car dyno'd...there are some folks that would like to see those results!

onykid978

TDI
mk7 2015 golf tdi 4door
Okay so then I don't even need the egr valve block off plate. Well that's good news. I'm waiting on the cr190 turbo that comes in on Monday. Then I'll assemble everything and search for a dyno.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
The very last page of info in the .pdf shows another egr valve attached to the intake manifold directly to the right of the intercooler. It doesn't show where the exhaust flow comes, nor does it state whether it is high or low pressure. I could not see where the valve sources the exhaust gas either when looking under the hood, it's buried in there and the air box blocks most of the view. It looks to have its own cooler as well, but I'm lost beyond that. Someone else may know more, I'm just going by what I saw and what's in the pdf.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

viking427

Veteran Member
TDI
VW
http://pics3.tdiclub.com/data/517/820433_EA288.pdf

That should be required reading for all mk7 owners.

So the new EGR system is a low pressure only design, and consists of three components; V338 EGR motor 1 (page 66 of that pdf) at the front of the engine, leading into the water-air intercooler and V339 EGR motor 2 and the EGR cooler (pages 50-53 in that pdf), mounted to the cat/dpf canister coming off the turbo at the back of the engine ...plenty of things to remove during tuning :)

Wonder if an air-air intercooler would be mo better/efficient than the h2o unit. Im guessing there's no longer space at the radiator or frontal area to even fit one anymore.
*EDIT: I stand corrected, the 2.0T (GTI/TSI) gasser still uses an air-air intercooler, so there must still be enough room at the front for one.

Last edited:

andyman7931

TDI
14 tiguan, 15 golf, 99 jetta/g3f
Eagerly waiting to see what you do here. Looks very exciting. I'm dreaming of a CR190 turbo now.

I have no experience with AWIC intercooler modifications, but I bet that a larger volume of fluid in that system (bigger tank) and faster flow of fluid would make a more efficient unit without actually changing out the intake or the radiator. I'm also willing to bet that the intercooler water pump doesn't run all the time for emissions reasons. Maybe I'll get curious with VCDS and see if I can monitor that. All this to say that before ripping it all out and starting over it may make sense to replumb what's there for a more purpose built solution.

TDI BR

Veteran Member
TDI
Black 2015 Golf TDI SE manual
My car has the deletes, straight pipe, and stage 2 tune. My next step is getting a bigger turbo but I'd like to see what it can do first. Please keep us updated with pics and videos of the progress.

My dream would be to have this thing in AWD but I'm afraid it will cost way more then it's worth.

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6MT; 2009 Jetta TDI DSG
I think it would be really cool to see CR190 turbo installed with all emissions intact. (hint: coming soon)
Color me as interested. Not looking to track my car, but I would love to know about what supporting mods might be needed to run the CR190 turbo with emissions intact. (beefy valve springs, bigger injectors, etc...) If it could be a "bolt-on" upgrade and still run safely without supporting mods, even better. Kerma, I'm gonna be keeping my eye out for future updates!

Looks good, we did a GTD in a 2015 about 6 months ago, awesome power.
And this too...oh boy D: I already spent my christmas $$

BuzzKen

TDI
'10 Touareg TDI, '09 335D, '10 X5D
Color me as interested. Not looking to track my car, but I would love to know about what supporting mods might be needed to run the CR190 turbo with emissions intact. (beefy valve springs, bigger injectors, etc...) If it could be a "bolt-on" upgrade and still run safely without supporting mods, even better. Kerma, I'm gonna be keeping my eye out for future updates!

And this too...oh boy D: I already spent my christmas $$

GTD is the CR190 turbo. No other mods needed with the turbo install. We've done it and tuned it, great turbo.

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
GTD is the CR190 turbo. No other mods needed with the turbo install. We've done it and tuned it, great turbo.
How much tuning is required for the turbo swap? Is it even needed? Could someone just slap a CR190 on the EA288 and just drive?

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

onykid978

TDI
mk7 2015 golf tdi 4door
The cr190 is noticeably bigger. I don't think you need the tune just for swapping turbos because it's a stock upgraded turbo. Not aftermarket But kermatdi and Malone have tunes for it. If you would like to call someone to give you some more info, you can call cascade German in Gresham Oregon or AARODRIGUEZ CORP. (fixmyvw). They both have been very helpful

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
Yeah, I'm located in GA. A-Rod would be my best option seeing as he's in Dallas, GA. Would be a road trip, but worth it if all I'm looking at for an upgrade without tune would be turbo and required hardware and gaskets.

BuzzKen

TDI
How much tuning is required for the turbo swap? Is it even needed? Could someone just slap a CR190 on the EA288 and just drive?

It would run no problem, you just wouldn't gain anything.

jmonste141

Veteran Member
TDI
Well that's a bummer. I just know seeing on Malone's site that they recommend deletes on the older model turbo swaps and a tune but I don't wanna delete because it's my daily driver. Would light tuning help (increased fueling only) or does it need to be extensive tuning (fuel and boost maps) in order to get any turbo benefits. My assumption is a bigger turbo given stock fueling would spool sightly slower BUT the volume of air would change because of the larger turbo size giving slight increase in top end torque.

BuzzKen

TDI
Well that's a bummer. I just know seeing on Malone's site that they recommend deletes on the older model turbo swaps and a tune but I don't wanna delete because it's my daily driver. Would light tuning help (increased fueling only) or does it need to be extensive tuning (fuel and boost maps) in order to get any turbo benefits. My assumption is a bigger turbo given stock fueling would spool sightly slower BUT the volume of air would change because of the larger turbo size giving slight increase in top end torque.

If you want a bit more power, just tune with the stock turbo.