MK7 Golf Build

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
'01 Jetta TDI/'15 Golf TDI
Got around to pulling the injectors out in prep for install of the new ones. Seeing some buildup after only 2500 miles on the tips, cyl. 2 being the worst pictured here. Been noticing more blowby with this motor and contemplating a catch can, and now wondering if this is a potential by-product of said blowby.

And pic of the cam arrangement on this motor since I am needing to replace the cam cover that cracked in shipping.

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
Injectors are in and engine idles perfectly smooth and quiet! There's a tiny bit of white smoke at idle/coming away from a stop, and a good amount of black smoke when trying to accelerate at a light-moderate rate. Haven't put but a few miles on going up and down the road, and not wanting to get on the boost/power until I hear back from my tuner.

3L3M3NT

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Jetta GLS TDI, 04 RTDI
It's great to hear that the bigger injectors are working as well as they are. I know the feeling when accelerating and seeing a decent soot cloud behind the car. Hopefully your tuner can dial in the tune for the new injectors to make the car not so smokey.

I can't wait to hear how it does once you get it dialed in or better yet, maybe a short video. ;)

Sleeping_Bag

TDI
'15 MK7 Golf Sportwagen
Hey! just discovered this thread today, got a wagen on bags that i put a cr190 in and was trying to find what cp3 pump you used so i can up the power a tad lol

Edit, also using a malone stage 3 tune with a 3 inch turbo back custom exhaust, thats in the middle of being welded together (just the piping to the mid is done lol so its dumps under the car) https://log.tunezilla.com/s/K5RgiJkr heres a 4th gear pull i did from 33mph to 102mph and have hit 37.5 psi boost

Last edited:

adjat84th

Veteran Member
TDI
37psi would not be safe for that turbo I would think. Logs show 2bar net boost which is 29psi..seems more likely and is plenty on it's own. I'm sure it's a blast to drive!
As for the CP3, I got a R70 unit from 2micron way back when, pretty sure he's not making them any longer. The stock pump should be good to around 240hp if I'm not mistaken, but your stock injectors top out at 210! Don't sleep on an injector upgrade, unless you're wanting a CP3 for reliability. Darkside has their stage1 injector for about the same price as you could send your stockers over to S&S Diesel for an enlargement on them. Difference is you get a brand new set from Darkside with no down time. I had a spare set already so went the local-ish route.

Sleeping_Bag

TDI
'15 MK7 Golf Sportwagen
ah ok, ill probably just go the no downtime route with the injectors since this is my only car and the 37 boost is rare but at low gear since I've got a DSG so its basically continuously spooling lol