Mk7 Common issues and resolutions

codyayrton

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Jetta Sportwagen TDI 6M (sold to VW), 2015 Golf S Sportwagen TDI 6M
I've figured it out with help from Audi and other VW model forums. Turned off the Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) and no more 12 o'clock bind.
Use VCDS. Select control module > 44-Steering Assist > Security Access-16 > enter 19249 > Do it! > Close > Coding-07 > Long Coding Helper > uncheck Bit 0-Driver Steering Recommendation (DSR) active > close > Do it!
Okay. After driving it for awhile, it is evident that the bind is still there. At least now it is hardly noticeable.

bluebus

TDI
15 Golf TDI SE
I’m also as of yesterday getting the same “error service vehicle : leave only in park” error flash that I got in 2016. They replaced the gear selector as a fix under warranty, and now it’s happening again.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
Okay. After driving it for awhile, it is evident that the bind is still there. At least now it is hardly noticeable.
I did this change last week, noticed am improvement on the highway, can't say that I notice any bind highways here have cross wind and aren't the perfect maybe out west i'd still notice a bit of a bind but I'm happy with the change.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
I’m also as of yesterday getting the same “error service vehicle : leave only in park” error flash that I got in 2016. They replaced the gear selector as a fix under warranty, and now it’s happening again.
Are you sure it's not the battery? I remember similar messages when my battery was dying.

bluebus

TDI
15 Golf TDI SE
Are you sure it's not the battery? I remember similar messages when my battery was dying.
I guess it's possible. I do plan on replacing the battery soon since it's three years old, although it held up well over the winter.

I only got the error once so far this time. I was also driving when it happened. This is how it started before, with the message occurring randomly and then becoming more frequent before it finally stayed on. I'll wait it out and see if it returns.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Ok, I got mine when there wasn't enough power to crank the engine.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
While my 2015 GSW was in for oil change asked them to also check for a buzzing sound from what I thought was under the hood during acceleration over 80KM/H. Stops when coasting.

Turned out to be the driver's airbag. Replacing a clip under a recall.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
While my 2015 GSW was in for oil change asked them to also check for a buzzing sound from what I thought was under the hood during acceleration over 80KM/H. Stops when coasting.
Brian, do you have a recall no., TSB no., or a part no. for the clip? I have the same issue and yours is the first reference to it I've seen.
Thanks

The Tortoise

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GSW Trendline - White
This morning my 8 year old sliced open his finger on this trim, and in the process bent it back a bit.

I called the dealership and they said bring it in, we'll look at it, and most likely it'll be fixed under warranty. I asked if they've seen this before and they said yes.

He was rummaging through the car looking for loose change, so there's a lesson in there somewhere.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
pretty common way for these cars to draw blood, he wasn't the first nor will he be the last.

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
maybe im crazy, does the rear license plate really just screw right into the bumper like that?? or is there some type of bracket that my car is missing?

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
maybe im crazy, does the rear license plate really just screw right into the bumper like that?? or is there some type of bracket that my car is missing?
There should be a bracket.The license plate mounts in the recess in the hatch, NOT on the bumper. If my dealer had mounted it there, I would have raised holy hell and demanded they replace the bumper cover.

Jedadiah

Veteran Member
TDI
Former: '15 Passat TDI SE 6M, '15 Golf S 6M and '10 JSW
On the Golf hach there’s no bracket. The plate screws right into the bumper. The dealer where I bought mine had installed the plate out of center. I added a bracket to fix their mistake.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
On the Golf hach there’s no bracket. The plate screws right into the bumper. The dealer where I bought mine had installed the plate out of center. I added a bracket to fix their mistake.
Roger that. Not on the hatch like our GSW.

TDIBone

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagon TDI
Sorry, sorry, sorry. The lines on the work order ran together. They said they could reproduce the noise problem with the airbag on the bench, but it was an internal part. So they are replacing the whole airbag (and clips to hold it in). This ran into another line about the TDI phase 2 recall.

So there is no recall related to airbag as far as this problem goes.

RIP TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 GSW SE 6MT...... '01 Golf GLS 5MT.... '96 Passat Variant....
Sorry, sorry, sorry. The lines on the work order ran together. They said they could reproduce the noise problem with the airbag on the bench, but it was an internal part. So they are replacing the whole airbag (and clips to hold it in). This ran into another line about the TDI phase 2 recall.
OK, thanks for the clarification and following up with this.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI

I know it's a different issue but it appears that the cars made in Mexico did not use Tekata airbags. So no recalls on those.

Jetta.Justin

TDI
06 Jetta TDI
Bad compass

I picked up a used 2015 with 34,xxx miles on it. The compass doesn’t seem to work. It does change direction, but has no accuracy. I think I’ll take it in for and oil change and mention it.

Blue_Hen_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
owned: 96 B4V, 06 Golf, 12 NMS, 15 GSW
I picked up a used 2015 with 34,xxx miles on it. The compass doesn’t seem to work. It does change direction, but has no accuracy. I think I’ll take it in for and oil change and mention it.
Is calibration discussed in the manual?

2.2TDI

Veteran Member
⠀⠀
I just had my rear left caliper seize on my 2015 with 60000km...luckily, I bought cpo extended warranty so I'm covered.

My infotainment unit also freezes randomly and spots working completely... That's going to get replaced under warranty aswell but only when it stops working completely as the dealers won't replace it if it's only an intermittent issue

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT / 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI 6MT
This morning my 8 year old sliced open his finger on this trim, and in the process bent it back a bit.

I called the dealership and they said bring it in, we'll look at it, and most likely it'll be fixed under warranty. I asked if they've seen this before and they said yes.

He was rummaging through the car looking for loose change, so there's a lesson in there somewhere.
does anybody know the p/n of this trim piece, i almost cut my hand with it today

sootchucker

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf
this is going to sound ridiculous i think, but my pedals (clutch and accelerator) make a lot of noise and are not smooth.

any way to "lube" these up?

jonferns

Veteran Member
TDI
'15 Golf
Ran out of washer fluid and never got a warning light for low-level; thinking the sensor might be bad. Putting it on the list of things I want the dealer to look at when I take it in for phase 2:
-Wind noise from passenger door/window during the colder months
-Window buttons on drivers door 'click' loudly, seem loose
-Drivers door handles are difficult to pull/open sometimes (both interior and exterior)

Luckily I have another 16 months of CPO warranty.

Last edited:

PaulN

TDI
2015 Sportwagen TDI
First week of post phase 2B I came to notice a peculiar variation in the correspondence between the accelerator pedal and the RPMs... finally the OBD threw a check engine light.

The dealer service determined a faulty fuel sensor on the common rail... the whole rail is the unit of replacement, so it got replaced. Now runs great.

From the service report:

1 04L-130-321 PIPE
1 03L-130-301-AR PIPE
1 03L-130-301-AS PIPE
1 03L-130-301-AT PIPE
1 03L-130-301-BA PIPE
1 04L-130-089-G FUEL DISTR

customer customer consort check vehicle for fault was had is p0087
- performed test plan to check rear fuel pup pressure was ok 4.5bar
pressure check hit fuel pressure pump was ok and check fuel rain sensor
was i read to low pressure for high pressure pump. removed fuel rain
and replaced fuel rain and replaced injector lines and lined for fuel
supply and cleaned fault and checked fuel rain pressure was ok working

I hope this is useful or informative for anyone experiencing similar.

Last edited: