MK6 TDI engine swap

TDI
1.9 BRM
I have a blown 1.9 tdi mk5 donor car. I was wondering if I can just pick up a mk6 2.0 tdi engine, and if it would work with the drive by wire pedal assembly and ecu or whatever else I'd need off of the mk5 donor car. The mk6 2.0 might come with a engine harness and thats it.

If anyone knows how compatibly the engine management electronics are between mk5 and mk6 TDIs I'd be very grateful. Thanks!

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I have a blown 1.9 tdi mk5 donor car. I was wondering if I can just pick up a mk6 2.0 tdi engine, and if it would work with the drive by wire pedal assembly and ecu or whatever else I'd need off of the mk5 donor car. The mk6 2.0 might come with a engine harness and thats it.

If anyone knows how compatibly the engine management electronics are between mk5 and mk6 TDIs I'd be very grateful. Thanks!
Unlikely, the simplest course of action is to just replace the damaged 1.9 PD engine and be done with it.

I'm fairly confident that replacing the PD with a CR would be a full blown rewiring project. While they might have the same or similar wiring for the cabin (under dash, lights, windows) etc, they would undoubtedly use different ECU's and hence different wiring for engine controls and emissions.

If you're serious about it the best thing you can do is probably get a Bentley manual for MkV cars that has wiring diagrams for both the PD and the CR engines.

Steve