MK6 seat swap (cloth to leather)

nao1120

TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Hey guys,

I have a 2014 Jetta Diesel, which is a comfortline. I had a high line with leather which was a total loss through insurance. Same year.

I’ve been able to buy back my leather seats very cheap, and the idea was to take out my cloth ones for a simple swap all around. Both have heated seats, airbags, and I believe the leather had the power controls front to back and recline which I think is the only difference.

Because I have the same year Jetta has anyone done this before? And if so, what challenges are present in doing so? Apparently the plugs are all the same but no one including the dealer can tell me a easy answer.

Nick

Last edited:

dhuddleson

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta Highline TDI sedan
Interesting topic, for a slightly different reason. I have a 2012 Highline with leather seats and driver's heating element in seat base has failed (tested with meter!). Cloth seats are much more common in Canada, and pretty sure all are heated. But I thought I read somewhere cloth/leather are not interchangeable and I can't understand why that would be. I have not started my swap effort either!

forrest resto`s

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 jetta tdi auto rc2 2013 passat tdi 2015 passat tdi auto 2011 jetta tdi nav. s'roof..man. dpf delete 1970 GTO JUDGE 520 HP
I took out a complete interior from a 2015 jett GLI a few years ago (new, had maybe a 100 miles on it) and installed in in my 2011 jetta..the GLI had power/heated seats ..my 2011 had heated seats only..had to do a little re-wiring for the power seats.. but it looks great and works just fine!..should be an easy swap for you..

nitec

Vendor
TDI
1.9TDi PD
done it like 3 times now...the junk yard is a nice source of leather seats and nice steering wheels :) used B6 front seats in my old mk5 jetta - those are comfy (rears don't fit though)...on the mk6 is the same thing - pull the old seats out, put the new seats in and enjoy :)

Savageman69

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2012 Highline Touareg TDI
you have to swap out the module from the old seat or reprogram the new one
i recently did this as my seat was giving error for occupancy sensor....replaced entire seat....and i cant get it to clear still..tried switching modules im lost

bmwM5power

Veteran Member
TDI
15 GSW TDI S 6MT 02 JETTA TDI GLS 5MT 15 GOLF TDI SE 6MT 15 GOLF TDI SEL DSG
i recently did this as my seat was giving error for occupancy sensor....replaced entire seat....and i cant get it to clear still..tried switching modules im lost
if you put the module from the old seat to new one it should clear itself, at least it did for me