MK6 jetta tdi mods

nicmurguia

TDI
mk6 Jetta tdi
Hey i have MK6 jetta tdi, and so far i only have the stage 2 afe intake and got the h&r springs. Im getting the powerpulley aftermarket and later on getting a 3 inch straight pipe with malone stage 2. I wanna know if anybody got more mods or got any ideas or new places to look for parts cuz i cant find any turbo upgrades or any bigger injectors im running out of ideas. Please let me know!!!

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
I'd get rid of the intake and don't install that powerpulley or whatever that is. No injectors for the CRs yet, but CR170 turbos are a drop in...

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Gone, looking for a cheap commuter
Beyond stage 2 and pipe there isn't to much on the record but some are dropping in the CR170 and others seem to be swapping HPFPs which both should put you into bigger hp range.

I'd look at more fuel and a badass custom turbo to match. I have no clue why your budget, wrenching skills, or knowledge of these cars are though.

Edit: are we at the limit of the injectors or HPFP with the highest tuning from Malone?

nicmurguia

TDI
mk6 Jetta tdi
Beyond stage 2 and pipe there isn't to much on the record but some are dropping in the CR170 and others seem to be swapping HPFPs which both should put you into bigger hp range.

I'd look at more fuel and a badass custom turbo to match. I have no clue why your budget, wrenching skills, or knowledge of these cars are though.

Edit: are we at the limit of the injectors or HPFP with the highest tuning from Malone?

Can you please link me any references to the hpfp switch. Any im not getting the parts asap now im wanna plan it right.

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=357716. This is a good read

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=399183. This is the CR170 swap

http://forums.tdiclub.com/showthread.php?t=397288. This is storx running a cp4.2 which I believe is off the 3.0l diesel you find in the audi's. The real question we'll hopefully find out from storx is are how much further the stock injectors can be pushed if the HPFP can maintain rail pressure under any circumstance.

Maybe have a read and we'll continue with some good conversation. I like keeping the aftermarket crowd going but I'm still very green myself.

storx has a nice build list on page one of his thread. I'd like to know ore about the S3 intercooler upgrade myself

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
One thing I also I'm unsure about is turbos. I know the CR170 is bolt on, but I also feel a custom billet turbo should and would way out perform a stock turbo. Kinda not that much data in this stuff yet.

LNXGUY

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Jetta TDI Wagon
One thing I also I'm unsure about is turbos. I know the CR170 is bolt on, but I also feel a custom billet turbo should and would way out perform a stock turbo. Kinda not that much data in this stuff yet.
A big turbo is great but if you don't have the fuel, you're wasting your time.

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
Custom doesn't mean it has to be big..I'm applying my knowledge from the truck world here, but usually a fancy billet/ball bearing combination can increase flow while not killing your spool up time. Some even report faster spool up with bigger/better flowing turbos.

The real question is how much fuel can the stock injectors flow with a big HPFP. Obviously with say a Malone Stage 2 tune your bumping up fuel flow. So if Malone can demand more and more fuel (to the max of the injectors) then you can properly flow match a turbo.

From Malone's web page they have a "Stage 3" at like 180(ish) whp. I'm interested to know if stage 3 means the fuel side of everything is tapped out or not. I believe Storx was losing rail pressure with his stock HPFP, but swapping to the CP4.2 should do away with that issue. So the next step is to see how far the injectors go. (assuming the LPFP is supplying enough fuel)

So what we know... the 180ish mark is about all we can hit with stock fuel and a bolt on (kinda stock) turbo. I'm assuming at 180 it's not overfueled so the logical progression is now...

Increase fuel (if possible with stock injectors)
See how the CR170 turbo handles the fuel
Match a new turbo for that fuel if required.

Last edited:

nicmurguia

TDI
mk6 Jetta tdi
Custom doesn't mean it has to be big..I'm applying my knowledge from the truck world here, but usually a fancy billet/ball bearing combination can increase flow while not killing your spool up time. Some even report faster spool up with bigger/better flowing turbos. .
ok so he got a hpfp for the 3.0 audi diesel with a bigger pulley thats a good combo. And to double check you saying theres an aftermarket turbo for the mk6 tdi?

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
I mean there is aftermarket turbos for everything... I honestly can't follow the names of turbos people are talking about here yet, but again, depending on your goals surely there are turbo upgrades. Even if it ment you talking with someone about custom setups.

What is the goal of this car? All out?? Good daily? Strip? all of the above?

The answer to my injector/fuel question would also probably help steer you some.

Dirtracr95

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta Sedan DSG
Custom doesn't mean it has to be big..I'm applying my knowledge from the truck world here, but usually a fancy billet/ball bearing combination can increase flow while not killing your spool up time. Some even report faster spool up with bigger/better flowing turbos.

The real question is how much fuel can the stock injectors flow with a big HPFP. Obviously with say a Malone Stage 2 tune your bumping up fuel flow. So if Malone can demand more and more fuel (to the max of the injectors) then you can properly flow match a turbo.

From Malone's web page they have a "Stage 3" at like 180(ish) whp. I'm interested to know if stage 3 means the fuel side of everything is tapped out or not. I believe Storx was losing rail pressure with his stock HPFP, but swapping to the CP4.2 should do away with that issue. So the next step is to see how far the injectors go. (assuming the LPFP is supplying enough fuel)

So what we know... the 180ish mark is about all we can hit with stock fuel and a bolt on (kinda stock) turbo. I'm assuming at 180 it's not overfueled so the logical progression is now...

Increase fuel (if possible with stock injectors)
See how the CR170 turbo handles the fuel
Match a new turbo for that fuel if required.
I dont think you have done enough reading yourself. Im pretty sure storx was north of 250hp on stock injectors and hpfp

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
You're right, I haven't! I was looking at Malone's page when I quoted that 180ish HP. That's what he claims on this web page atleast for a stage 3. Storx is most certainly into the custom area I would assume.... I also try not to get OVERLY caught up on dyno numbers as I've seen over a 200hp swing with same exact truck different dyno.

I wish Storx would drop by here, I praise him for pushing the envelop on these cars!! I'm assuming they are doing there own tuning above and beyond the call of fuel from Malone or maybe custom tunes from him?

Again, reallllyyy interested to see what the limit of the injectors are. Dirtracer, Storx was dropping rail pressure (aka need bigger HPFP) and not maxing out the injectors wasn't he?

nicmurguia

TDI
mk6 Jetta tdi
What is the goal of this car? All out?? Good daily? Strip? all of the above? [/QUOTE said:
Its a combo of daily and running it any day. I go to work here or there but i wanna know that i have that power to run it anyday

LovinPSDs

Veteran Member
TDI
Some people may call me crazy but if the upgrades HPFP and injectors can supply a ton of fuel you could still run a streetable turbo and throw some spray in there for the strip/races.