Mk6 gti RSB for JSW?

Drclaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta Sportwagen
Hi all, I have a 2014 JSW I lifted with the koni reds, and the idparts towing spring kit which includes the tiguan front springs and euro towing rear springs. The car feels kinda loose on highway driving if I have to jerk the wheel, say to avoid a pothole or something like that. I'm also running new pirellis that are 255/50/17.

I want to get a gti rsb to help tighten things up and wanted to confirm that a mk6 gti rsb will fit.

Any other thoughts would appreciated.

Thanks

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
I am not 100% on the JSW, but my 2015 Passat is built upon the MK5 chassis. A quick part# search reveals the JSW uses the same part# (in this example an H&R RSB) so it would appear your JSW is built on a MK5 chassis s well. I would highly suggest a solid H&R 24mm RSB or even a 28mm Neuspeed RSB (hollow so the larger dia is for rigidity). There are also others that are good quality bars. the OEM GTI bar may not be that much of a difference in torsional rigidity vs. the one at present.

austinroepke

TDI
2012 Sportwagen
Would a rear sway bar help? Or, possibly an alignment? I know the dynamics change considerably with a lift, but I'm not sure if the loose feel is from roll or steering.

scrambld

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta...TDI/5spd :) >>>now a '15 Passat TDI/DSG
IMO, it would definitely help. Simple to take disconnect the end links on your bar, if it gets worse then a larger RSB will help.

hamilgs

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta & 2014 JSW 6MT
I have no knowledge about the effect of lift and stiffer springs, as mine are stock. However, on my '14 JSW, TDI, MT6, I swapped the factory RSB (18 mm dia.) for a GTI bar (22 mm dia.) and that makes a noticeable difference to me (its a very easy swap!). The car definitely plows less, as the rear end is more lively in for example, highway cloverleafs. Recommended, and inexpensive too.

Last edited:

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Search out in the mark 5 forum post by Peter pace talking about handling of the mark 5 platform very informative information from a knowledgeable person