Mk6 fuel tank removal

Kyleronk55

TDI
mk4 tdi, mk6 tdi
so i recently bought a 2011 jetta tdi. The tank has a hole in the bottom. I have another 2011 for parts and im trying to figure out how to drop the tank. I have the only trap off and the filler neck unbolted but it seems something is holding it up on the other side. Any info is helpful. I can't find anything on this. Thanks

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
Assuming this is an NCS car, the procedure looks very simple. I've never done one, but it says to remove the fender liner and filler neck attachments, lift the seat bottom up and remove the electrical connector, remove the fuel line connections underneath near the RR wheel area, then remove the straps and lower/tilt the tank down and out past the rear axle. Since the 2011 NCS TDI has the beam axle, there shouldn't be much of anything in the way, as it is has its crosspoint towards the rear of the car instead of the front (like the older A4 cars, that require the beam be dropped for tank access... which is also brutally simple).

Kyleronk55

TDI
mk4 tdi, mk6 tdi
Assuming this is an NCS car, the procedure looks very simple. I've never done one, but it says to remove the fender liner and filler neck attachments, lift the seat bottom up and remove the electrical connector, remove the fuel line connections underneath near the RR wheel area, then remove the straps and lower/tilt the tank down and out past the rear axle. Since the 2011 NCS TDI has the beam axle, there shouldn't be much of anything in the way, as it is has its crosspoint towards the rear of the car instead of the front (like the older A4 cars, that require the beam be dropped for tank access... which is also brutally simple).
So theres only one strap on these cars. I checked my good one too. They both only have one strap