MK6 Build beginning.

pipes1

TDI
06 5spd mk4 ~200xxx km
Hello all,
I'm starting to build my 2010 cjaa golf this coming week and have some questions.
I have my eye on the following parts...
-GTB2260vklr 11+0 turbo
-DKM stage 2 clutch (440lbs)
-cp3 HPFP
Maybe.... Coltcams stage 2 cam with performance springs.
All will be purchased through MECevo except the HPFP, which will be from stevenson tuning, haven't decided on a tuner yet, but probably JRauto as theyre close by and have a great rep. I currently have a Doman8 but he doesn't do common rails anymore.
So my questions are...
Can I find these parts cheaper than what MECevo/stevenson is selling them for? (im in ontario)
my planned order of operations is;
1- Fuel pump (i need a timing belt soon so I figured i'll do it while I'm in there anyways.
2- clutch (again, Its due)
3- turbo/tune
is there a better way of going about things?

Details about car- 2010 golf tdi, Doman8 stage 2.5 tune. egr delete, straight pipe. GTI brakes and stainless lines all around. chinese coil overs. car has 398xxx on it.
mechanically good car and very reliable, but VERY ugly. covered in surface rust on all panels but I don't like baby'ing my sh*tboxes.
Thanks for any and all input!

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Sub'd. Also, how much is the CP3 pump from that place? I've been searching and cant seem to find some local places.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
Don't go with a SMF clutch. It will kill the gearbox in short order. Also, I'd look for a less rusty specimen to throw parts at, personally.

ksing44

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Golf TDI
I love my 2010 Golf TDI with a 6-speed manual transmission, but I had it since new, it "only" has 185K miles, it has no surface rust on any panels, and my only real modifications are the CP3 HPFP, improved LED taillights, and slightly wider wheels with slightly wider and taller tires. I might try a delete and tune sometime after the warranty if things go bad, but I might also just fix it as needed and keep it just like it is. It's a great car!

Good luck with your build!

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I checked for a customer a couple weeks ago, and couldn't find a CP3 for a TDI anywhere.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
Didn't check them. Wasn't going to bring one in from overseas. Bosch didn't have any in the US, none in Europe, no ETA.

pipes1

TDI
06 5spd mk4 ~200xxx km
cant find any from a liberty on car-par.com (wreckers), looks like stevensontuning has lots and by far the best prices.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
A liberty pump isn't what you're looking for. It's a Peugeot/Citroen pump.

Wilkins

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Jetta Wagon 5sp, 10 Sportwagen 6MT
I suspect Stevenson is dealing an Xman kit, the basic DNA kit is Macradiators and the stage 1 is Darkside. Not necessarily the same pump in each. Malone recommends custom tuning for a CP3 but DNA says not necessary for the basic.
They responded quickly to emails, I have not got back to this project yet. Need to call DNA.

Last edited:

Yai

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf TDI, 2014 Touareg- R Line
Awesome! Let me know how it goes as I have the DNA delete kit and tune (darkside downpipe) and will also get the cp3 pump from them as well, and no additional cost for the re-tune.

I was thinking of going hybrid turbo, but might just spend the extra and get the GTD1756VRK from Mecevo.

I’m just in Newmarket btw so not that far from you.

Ron