MK4 TDi clutch upgrade

cst

TDI
2000 GLS TDI
Hi, I am looking for a 309 lb-ft (at the crank) clutch kit for the 2000 Jetta TDi with Malone Stage 4 tune.
Anyone has new or lightly used for sale?
Any recommendations are also welcomed.

Thanks

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
In the forums section there is a "for sale and wanted" forum towards the bottom. Make a post in there, and you can also search for one there too. I'm pretty sure I had seen one there in a part out a guy was doing like a week ago, but Idk if it's still there.

I second the stage 2 daily. i love mine. but they can be pretty spendy new. i bought mine new 2nd hand and that made it a lot better spending wise. keep an eye out there's always good deals.

OhCdn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf MK4
Minimum Southbend Stage 2 Daily, I run the Endurance with a 26psi RC4 tune, no problem. Get enough clutch!
I'd be careful im not sure about the endurance but my stage 2 daily slipped at these numbers, went to sb stage 3 endurance and never slipped again lol love the clutch

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
I run a 24 PSI Stage 4 tune, and my Stage 2 Daily Driver has never slipped. My tune has moderate fueling so I don't know how happy it would be "all out", but I agree with the above poster, if you can buy more clutch than you need today, as tomorrow you may wish you had bought a heavier clutch.

EDIT: I failed to mention earlier while the clutch is being replaced, make sure you replace the fork, ball and clip. Otherwise the new pressure applied to the fork may either bend it or get stuck, and then you have to pull it all apart again. The last time I checked they were about $50.00, and I was so glad being told to replace them.

Last edited:

OhCdn

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf MK4
I run a 24 PSI Stage 4 tune, and my Stage 2 Daily Driver has never slipped. My tune has moderate fueling so I don't know how happy it would be "all out", but I agree with the above poster, if you can buy more clutch than you need today, as tomorrow you may wish you had bought a heavier clutch.
Yeah I am at 28 psi so be careful anywhere past that it is a great clutch and I'm thinking about putting it in my new jetta daily i bought not too long ago because of how smooth the engagement was.

Nevada_TDI

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
The Daily Driver 2 clutch, doesn't require much more leg strength than the stock one has but it sure does have lot better grip.. Granted, it has been a while so I can't be objective about the difference in clutch pedal effort.
If I had a beefier turbo that would run 28-30 PSI all day, I would likely need a beefier clutch. Don't get me wrong here, SB clutch's are top quality, but they are pricey. To me having a more powerful engine would just be stupid...I am not physically able to swap out a clutch, and beside the fact the Wife would have me by the short hairs if I knowingly fried a clutch. :)

Last edited: