Mk4 caster correct

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Moog makes a upper strut bushing that has caster and camber adjustment for the mk4. I purchased them on rock auto and previous lift was 29 3/4 to fender and now is 31 3/4 so this was a win win Moog part number k90488

Rrusse11

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Golf, 5spd; 05 Jeep CRD
Wigs,
"previous lift"? I've got VR6 springs, shocks and a 10mm spacer, not sure if I want to go another 2" up. Having camber and caster adjustment would certainly be good however. You happy with the added adjustments?

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
I've given up worrying about caster on these cars. One of my alignment guys says it's very dependent on ride height and load in the car at the time of alignment, including how much fuel is in the car. So I just let it go. After years of owning VW's simpler platforms (strut front/axle & trailing arms rear) I've accepted that the alignment is going to be close, but not perfect. I just try to not have stuff in the red.

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Wigs,
"previous lift"? I've got VR6 springs, shocks and a 10mm spacer, not sure if I want to go another 2" up. Having camber and caster adjustment would certainly be good however. You happy with the added adjustments?
I did they DIY lift with the spacers in the springs like metalgeek and 4x2 hex bushings in rear now I am jk jeep springs all the way around and I have the ghetto MOD with the 01 park ave air shocks so added some air and she leveled right out

Wigstdi

Veteran Member
TDI
Alh
Ain't drove it yet just got my head back from franko6 with Cam and port also new injectors from Franko too waiting for rods and pistons just sent the clearances tonight