MK VII Dynamic Steering Retrofit

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
No alignment yet, have one scheduled for next weekend. I still intend to replace the rack but probably not until late summer or fall.

My BCM did not have the pins for heated seats, or front fogs. Had to replace it with a High. I had it done it at the dealer... absolute s*** show that took multiple visits, calls with VW Engineering, a call to a local Audi dealer 🤦‍♂️ . I ordered, from that same dealer, the BCM that ETKA called out for my car. VW only specs highline modules as replacements.

Honestly, if the dealer had just followed the guided function it would have been a one day affair, done in the 4 (or maybe it was 6, don't remember) hours they quoted. That's all I paid by the way. The SA did not even try to charge me the extra time, although it was mentioned at one point (when the car still wasn't done) that they were 20+ hours into it. When they finally said it was ready and I showed up, no SA or Techs were in sight, just the guy running the desk. He had my keys in hand and my car parked by the door, ready for me to get out of there. I will say that they have not responded to my customer surveys or inquiries about missing skid plate screws and rain tray clips. I suppose they don't want me back, haha.

When I first picked up the car I had rear tail light errors (as expected because I have Mk7.5 tails), no big deal. Get home and fire up VCDS (save new BCM auto-scan and ad-map) and go to make those changes, but notice that my new BCM adaptations don't match my car's original adaptations, which is weird. I make a few changes then decide I should do some digging. Walk away from the car and the key fobs won't lock/unlock the car. So back to the dealer for them to fix that, also tell them the adaptations have not been done.

This time when I pick up the car I'm concerned so I turn on the headlights, several light errors pop up, front and rear. I had my laptop so I check a few adaptations values and they still don't match my factory config. Tell them to keep the car and fix it. Several days later they call and say the long coding matches and that's all they can do 🤦‍♂️. I say they need to do adaptations (it's clear the SA doesn't know what I'm talking about) but I am told the "guy that's good with this stuff" will be moving over to work on my car next... okay.

Get a call a couple days later and I am told that they need to me to reinstall all my stock equipment (headlights, tail lights, infotainment, dash) for them to troubleshoot the various errors 🤦‍♂️. I tell them I don't want any troubleshooting done, just need them to do the adaptations and that once they match how my car was delivered I will worry about any remaining errors. The tech then tells me that some errors are "just going to be there" since the new BCM isn't the same part number as the one that came in my car. I respond that the part number that came in my car cannot be ordered, and that the part number in there is now the replacement, per ETKA (which they looked up and ordered). They say they'll get with VW engineering and get back to me.

To help them along, I send the html comparison of ad-maps from my car, out of the factory versus the new BCM. At this point I've already done some digging through it and see that among other things, my new BCM adaptations match a car with lighting package, some type of LED tail light, heated seats, fog lights, personalization menu, etc. The tech calls and says he can manually change all the adaptations to match my old ones, using VCDS (since the official VW tool won't let them manually change adaptions, which makes sense). This offer comes with a 6 hour labor charge. I decline on the grounds that adaptations are part of the BCM replacement, and knowing it will likely take more than 6 hours for one person to go through 2,500+ adaptations. I'm now 2 weeks and in, and annoyed, to put it lightly. I not so politely told them to follow the guided function for replacing a BCM, as if a customer's new car had a BCM failure.

The SA wants to have a conference call with VW engineering so I can explain to them what I want done. The SA doesn't think it's something they can do. I can't make the conference call time so the tech says they will call their buddy at the Audi dealership and see if they can help. Next morning I get a call that the car is ready. Go pick it up, adaptations have finally been done.

Short version... insist that they follow the guided function. And run an auto-scan/ad-map of everything right before you take the car in, in case you need to prove anything was not completed.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Petition to change this thread to "@Cuzoe's Retrofit Thread".

Ambient RGB is definitely something I'd like to do. But I'm assuming it isn't something as simple as a trim piece change.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Petition to change this thread to "@Cuzoe's Retrofit Thread".

Ambient RGB is definitely something I'd like to do. But I'm assuming it isn't something as simple as a trim piece change.
a) Co-sign!
b) Correct; here's the list of parts from the GolfMk7 thread that @Cuzoe linked to:

The kit contains 17 individual lights, made up of:
  • 4x Door Trim
  • 4x Door Pocket
  • 4x Door Handle
  • 1x Dash Trim
  • 4x Footwells
It also contains:
  • 1x Main LED Controller
  • 4x Slave LED Controller
  • 2x Rear Door Light Diffuser
  • 1x Dash Light Diffuser
  • 1x Hole Saw (for door pocket lights)
  • 1x Drill bit
  • Various wiring harnesses

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Brace yourselves... I'm about to ramble so I won't forget these thoughts...

The original poster from the linked thread installed the main controller in the dash. Which means he tied into infotainment CAN for control. The main controller is basically a bus sniffer that provides mode/brightness/color control when it sees certain CAN messages, configurable with a set of dip switches. If tied into infotainment CAN control is via the MFSW by holding the voice button with a combination of other buttons. The car still recognizes that the voice button has been pressed so it'll listen erroneously while you're performing light control but you may not mess with them much after the "honeymoon" period. No big deal.

The other option, and the way that I plan to install, is with the main module in the driver door, tied into Comfort CAN at the door control module. In this configuration the directional mirror control will control the ambient lighting anytime the mirror switch is in the "0" position, between L and R. I'm sure this switch is less robust than the steering wheel controls but I think it's cleaner again you probably won't mess with it very much once the lights are set to your liking.

I've been annoying the original poster over there with questions to confirm main controller in the door would work. The four slave controllers communicate wirelessly so regardless of your install preference you don't have to run wiring through the door disconnects, which is awesome. And the controller in the dash, whether it's the main like that original poster or a slave like my proposed install, will have either one or two unused pigtails which can be used to add additional RGB lights.

Assuming I can get the AliExpress seller to sell me a couple single RGB LEDs (or better yet, multi RGB looms that use a single pigtail, like the footwells) one could add more RGB lights. For me this would be the cubby and maybe the cup holders if I can find a way that doesn't look cheesy.

These lights are not individually addressable like OEM RGB ambient lighting. So they will all be the same color and the same brightness level. I don't believe that poses any real concern considering this allows us non-facelift Mk7s to add RGB ambient lighting.

Another limitation is that the footwell lights in this kit won't behave like OEM footwells. This is only a concern if you have retrofitted them, as I have. Right now my footwell lights come on full bright when any door is opened, and they are on anytime the parking/headlights are on (brightness control by the dimmer knob). That being said I'm running RGB footwell lights, with color control by one of those silly remotes, which I keep in the glovebox. So I will just pick matching colors, keep my OEM like footwell functionality, and not have to run the footwell wiring from this kit.

Although I could instead run the footwell wiring/LEDs from the kit to light up the hatch area and my under floor amp rack. No one would ever see this unless I had the hatch open and/or floor up and it was dark outside but knowing they are there will make me happy. I'm practically moist with excitement.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Still contemplating the subject of this thread... but continuing with other things. At some point I may have mentioned making an attempt to install the structure borne sound actor (unpopular, I know). Anyway, though I would share that I have not had success yet, and may never.

The wiring for this thing is easy, power/ground, drivetrain can high/low to the module and then pos/neg to the speaker from the module (mounted to the frame at the base of the windshield). The folks at VAG retrofit and coding described it to me as a "dumb" module. It has a dataset and software but otherwise just works or doesn't. No coding, and a single adaptation for volume.

Initially I bought a module removed from a GTI and got a fault for either Incorrect Engine Type of Incorrect Vehicle Type. I can't really remember but I think it was incorrect engine type. So I went through "struggle" of sourcing one removed from a GTD, kind of a pain because the part numbers are the same so all the listings say GTI/GTD. Anyway, got the seller in Spain to send me the VIN and picture of the car it was removed from. Still a no-go, ugghhh. Although the error is now, for sure, Incorrect Vehicle Type. To be continued, maybe...

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Are you suggesting a DSG swap for me? Maybe when my clutch goes... It'll be one of those "while I'm in there type deals," haha. And I would need to find a wrecked TDI in order to have the proper gearing.

On the other hand, I'm partial to a manual, no sunroof car with most of the SEL features. Only thing I don't see ever happening is the lighting package. I'm 100% happy with the Osrams although if they fail one day I suppose the lighting package might be back on the table, depending on cost.

Right now my eyes are set on the CR190 kit from Kerma (need to stay emissions compliant) and replacing my windshield the proper glass for lane assist.

After that will be the Clubsport S steering wheel, with the GTI emblem replaced with one from the GTD unless I can get a custom TDI one made somewhere. I have a carbon fiber/perf "leather" one now and I love the way it looks but the leather isn't holding up and the carbon fiber is blistering hot in the summer. Clubsport S alcantara will match my seats anyway.

And then, maybe, the "subject" of this thread, haha. I've been feeling some weirdness in the steering rack when making the full lock right turn while stopped after backing out of my garage. Parallel parking assist is awesome and it's used almost every day. I didn't do any research into steering rack part numbers when I started that retrofit but I wonder if there's a difference in the racks of cars with factory fitted parking assist. There's also a not-bad chance the weirdness is just in my head because I want an excuse to get the faster steering rack 😂.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I didn’t realize you had a 6spd! I’m sure there are some golfball shifters for you too.

I need to install the ASR-off switch and replace my chipped DSG chrome. That golfball shifter however has me very tempted.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Yep 6 speed for me, they weren't easy to find when the old new stock first became available (2017 I guess), although that slowly changed once the buybacks became available.

I run a Raceseng Sphereology right now, got a great deal in the classifieds a couple years ago. At the time I think I was running the boombah short shift adapter and the weight of the spherology was really nice. The light weight is he only thing I don't like about the GTI knob.

I'm now running the diesel geek sigma 6 and super pin so the light weight might not bother me too much. But I don't have my stock shift knob anymore and not willing to pay for something I might not like. Clubsport knob looks nice but has red stitching. BFI makes a weighted golf ball-like knob but I don't think it looks great.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
With @Cuzoe being in a 6MT, I guess you're looking at me. Dammit!
(But I've promised myself (read: my wife) no more upgrades for the Mk7 until (a) all of the retrofits sitting on the shelf (OPS, BSM mirrors, lane assist) are finished; (b) I finish replacing the fence in the backyard; and (c) actually put plates on the car for more than a day now that travel far and wide is no longer frowned upon.)

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Haha, I have managed to install everything that was in my garage/dining room/bed room except the lane assist stuff. And I have put the blame on her and the 18-wheelers that I closely follow on the highway for failure to adequately chip my windshield.

I do have a maxton front lip and side skirts that need to be installed but I had them delivered to my workplace and she's never seen them 😂.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
I’m thinking DCC is next on my project list. GTD-esque conversion should also just be about done.

Also think I’m going to get that shifter and swap over the boot so it matches.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Did you get shifter paddles on the steering wheel with your DSG? Paddles weren't even an option that could be added here in Canada.
(Bought a paddled MFSW from Europe to remedy that situation.)

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
The only gotcha for DCC is that the lower bushing of the rear dampers is wider on GTI/DCC dampers as compared to ours. The bushing doesn't fit into the slot on the torsion beam. Took a lot of heat, profanity and makeshift pressing tools to switch those bushings. But if you have a real press and some heat it might not be that bad. I'll be in that situation whenever it's time to replace the rears on my car.

The other issue is getting driving modes enabled/coding. If you've had any activations done remotely then this is no different. Just a matter of having the tool and coordinating a time to have it done since all of the folks that do it are in Europe.

I wouldn't hesitate to do it again. As I've said before, my only regret is not doing it first. I would like to have some money back but it's all of the time wasted that bothers me the most.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
Did you get shifter paddles on the steering wheel with your DSG? Paddles weren't even an option that could be added here in Canada.
(Bought a paddled MFSW from Europe to remedy that situation.)
Yup, they came stock.

Also, I meant ACC, not DCC. I’ll be happy with just GTI springs. I do want to look into tightening up the steering however.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Ohhhh, ACC... much easier, and soooo useful. My first road trip since finishing it was last weekend to Vegas (my first time, and also never again... it's like being on a cruise ship but no ocean views(n)👎). Anyway, ACC set at 75 the entire time. Had to downshift to 5th maybe a dozen times over ~4 hours when traffic got below 55; not a concern since you're DSG. But I just cruised one lane over from the passing lane and got over to pass as needed.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Where are we at with this whole thing, haha...
  • Reached out to a guy in Russia (on the Drive2.ru site) about custom firmware for my SoundAktor. So hopefully I can get that working. Then I'll most likely turn it all the way down in the adaptations. But I bought it, I wired it, and I want it working.
  • Bought the CoolerWorx (poor man's CAE) shifter, so planning to get that installed soon-ish. Pictured here.
    • Plan is an acrylic "shift boot" with LED lighting underneath to show the mechanism.
  • Finally got the bench setup for MQB testing. Plan is to run up the miles on AID to match the car so I can stop being weird at the dealer.
  • Been having some fun (to me) digging through MQB car adaptation maps, investigating the possibility of OEM RGB ambient lighting.
    • Would also like custom color selection on the AID/infotainment accents, but it's further out of reach than lighting, for now.
    • Facelift Mk7's have the color selection slider, which I don't think we can get but I've managed to get a color drop down.
    • Next task is to determine whether my BCM actually has Plug C pin 29 (if not, this project is probably over), but I'm hopeful.
    • My BCM accepts the ambient light adaptations... my old (low) BCM did not accept fog light adaptations for which it did not have pins.
https://flic.kr/p/2mQYGWe https://flic.kr/p/2mQZTET https://flic.kr/p/2mQYGWj

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
Small update overall, good/weird news for keeping the dream alive...
Good
- Confirmed my BCM has Plug C Pin 29... this is the where the LIN bus is connected for RGB LED's
- Now have the dash strip showing (I plan to move that "sun" icon to right above the dash instead of on the steering wheel)
- Seems our BCM's are capable of White, Warm White, Orange, Red, Blue and Turquoise
Weird
- Warm White looks just like White on the MIB screen but maybe it'll be different with the actual LED's
- I can't get the adjustment "sun" icon or the coloring to show up for door strips/handles/pockets
--- The coding is correct (I think) and a dump of my MIB shows the images for the door lights... I just can't make them show (yet)

That being said, a hack-ish workaround would be to disable the individual adjustment icons. This can be done in coding. That would mean the color/brightness selection would always be for "All Areas" and the door strip/handle/pocket lights could be wired to the dash strip light. That would get all of them working together, but the picture still wouldn't show the doors, which I don't like.

Footwells and Dash Strip
https://flic.kr/p/2mS2jSB BCM Plug C Pin 29
https://flic.kr/p/2mS5uZS

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
So I continued digging last night and will try to summarize what I've found, maybe even add some pictures.

So a quick recap about where we are now...
- My gateway has been updated from 5Q0 to 3Q0
--- After that I noticed that color by driving profile was working, although the colors were not what I would want
- That got me thinking about the problem of no color control in my last round of discovery (which I did not post here for some reason)
--- My pre-facelift BCM does not have the adaptations that allow you to choose color by driving profile "coupled" or "not coupled"
--- So when color by driving profile is set active the infotainment has no control over ambient color
--- And my older 5Q0 gateway apparently did not support color by profile

Anyway back to where we are now...
- I currently have one RGB module connected and illuminated, PN 8W0.947.355.J
- There are 3 (sets of 3) RGB lists in my BCM that I can customize
- On my infotainment screen I can enable a drop down with color selection
--- The options are white, warm white, red, orange, blue, turquoise

So... if I select white, red or blue my RGB changes to one of the colors defined in my RGB color list
- I've matched my RGB color list adaptations to these selections
- That means my infotainment color selection matches the color of the RGB
- See the table below for a digestible explanation of what I'm on about
Infotainment Dropdown Color SelectionColor List Number (assigned via adaptation)Color List Value (RGB)Illumination of RGB LED
White1White (255, 255, 255)White
Red2Red (255, 0, 0)Red
Blue3Blue (0, 0, 255)Blue
https://flic.kr/p/2n2NK2i https://flic.kr/p/2n2WXMk https://flic.kr/p/2n2TFvu

- If I choose any of the other colors (warm white, orange, turquoise) the RGB goes blue
--- Reading from @Chillout's (on GolfmK7/Drive2) page here he talks about ambientcolormap.res, where the default color is blue
--- It seems the RGB color selection is similar in that way... if no color list is defined (remember I have only 3) the RGB light reverts to blue, as in this table
Infotainment Dropdown Color SelectionColor List Number (assigned via adaptation)Color List Value (RGB)Illumination of RGB LED
White1White (255, 255, 255)White
Red2Red (255, 0, 0)Red
Blue3Blue (0, 0, 255)Blue
Warm WhiteN/A (BCM only has 3 color lists)N/ABlue (apparent default color)
OrangeN/AN/ABlue
TurquoiseN/AN/ABlue

- Now since we are talking RGB color lists they can be set to any color you want, with one problem
- Only infotainment dropdown color selections white, red and blue are matched to the Color Lists (only 3 available in my BCM)
- So in this way you can pick any 3 colors you want, but then your RGB lights will not match the color selection/representation shown on your infotainment screen... see below table
White1Green (0, 255, 0)Green
Red2Yellow (255, 255, 0)Yellow
Blue3Purple (255, 0, 255)Purple
- This means if I'm going to select colors on screen, I would limit myself to white, red or blue
- Having the colors on the screen not match the actual colors of the lights is a no-go for me

All that being said, the other option that works is setting color by driving profile.
- In this case the infotainment graphics representation has no meaning, so I would not want to see it all
--- I think there is a away to get brightness sliders for each zone instead of the picture showing the car interior
- Going this route I was able to assign colors to profiles, but only grouped as follows
-- Eco/Comfort as Color 1 (Green)
-- Normal as Color 2 (Blue)
-- Sport/Individual as Color 3 (Red)
- There might be some other way to do this by modifying FPA (driving profile) data sets, but I'm not there yet.

When set this way, no color control is possible from the Infotainment screen. When you unlock the doors you should get a default color. I didn't really pay attention but I think it was white-ish. Then once ignition is on the RGB switched to the color of the active driving profile.

Personally I would end up going for color by driving profile. I would love to choose colors as I see fit but it I'm limited to White, Red and Blue (since I want the screen to match). I would say however, that pre-facelift cars (or more correctly, my pre-facelift NAR Golf Mk7 with BCM Hardware and Software 5Q0-937-087-S) DOES support RGB lighting, albeit in a limited fashion as compared to facelift cars.

Last edited:

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have little to add apart from NICE WORK, DUDE!
I'm taking it there's no way to alter the "color list value" (change the RGB values) - they have to be either 255 or 0 (?)

(I'm barely hanging on with comprehension here, but I was listening to a tech podcast a couple weeks ago (they were discussing OLEDs) and one of the guys mentioned that blue is essentially the "true" color of RGB LEDs, and there's some micro-current change or switching that occurs to produce other colors (again - I'm barely grokking this stuff and maybe have misunderstood 🤯).

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
The color list values can be changed to anything you (I) want. Our BCM has 3 customizable colors, each is a set of 3 adaptation channels (red, green and blue). Facelift BCMs have either 10 (or 30, on later software) sets.

On facelift cars each set of 3 that has non-zero values will be displayed at the bottom, a color slider. So a person could choose to have anywhere from 0 - 30 selectable colors. And they could just make that list every shade of green, if that's they wanted...
*link is just for example, shows the color slider

There's no way to get the "color slider" on my BCM. Just the drop down, as in post 81. I'm not sure why all those colors are selectable via the drop down since my BCM only has three customizable colors. Possible I'm missing something 🤷🏿‍♂️.

JM Popaleetus

Veteran Member
TDI
Signature.
@Nuje and @Cuzoe hope you don't mind if I post things in here regarding my MK7-inspired mods to my new GLI.

First is to buy one of these kits: https://www.doubleapex.co/collections/mk5-mk6-buttons

And wire it to the Soundaktor. From what I've read thus far, there is no CECM control for this generation's Soundaktor; only option is to cut power.

Also going to be interesting navigating this car's chimera of PQ and MQB components. Take the headunit for example, it's MQB/MIB2 based, has CP...and yet has zero communication to the CECM. All assists, lighting, features have to be controlled by the gauge cluster menus or physical switches. The "Car" screen that our Golf's have is nonexistent. Also curious to know how much lighting control I have compared to the Leuchte menus on the MQB.

Also interesting comparing the late-PQ36 platform to our young-MQB cars. Summarizing, the MQB and still maturing: from a part's interchangeability aspect, to handling, to NVH, to plastics. But this late-PQ36 is surprisingly nearly 90% there, and arguably on par with our Golf's, due to the GLI's increased sound deadening, features and IRS.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
I don't mind at all. I think this is in the running for the best off-topic on-subject thread I've ever had the pleasure to be a part of.

Cuzoe

Veteran Member
TDI
MK7 Golf S
@JM Popaleetus I don't know how the soundaktor works on anything other than MQB cars. But for the MQB platform the soundaktor is gets Power, Ground, and Powertrain Can Hi/Lo. Up until recently retrofit of the module would throw an error for either incorrect vehicle type or incorrect engine type. That is/was not the only issue but it was the first major one. The short of it is that retrofitting the soundaktor is kind of a b****. But continue reading if you're interested...

The soundaktor is a "dumb" module with no coding. And within the soundaktor firmware there are two masks that had to be clear for it to work...
VIN Mask - checks to see if your car's VIN is within the firmware's allowable VIN's, if not you get the incorrect vehicle error
Engine Mask - checks to see if your engine type matches the firmware engine type, if not you get the incorrect engine error

So until recently, the soundaktor would only show not faulted in certain cars. But Chillout (on other forums), aka jilleb on github has figured out the checksums in the soundaktor firmware which allowed him to remove the VIN/Engine Masks. That means the soundaktor can work in any car. The firmware can be flashed with ODIS-E offline. It also means firmware from other cars can be loaded... I'm running the Audi TT-RS soundaktor firmware in my car now :LOL:. All credit to him, and his work is here.

Now, getting unlocked firmware loaded onto your soundaktor module (to clear errors) is the first hurdle. In addition to that previous show stopper, the soundaktor only works if you have drive mode profiles. Within the soundaktor firmware are different tables (with specific sound/volume) for each drive mode (Eco, Comfort, Normal, Sport, Race, Offroad, GTE). All firmware doesn't necessarily have a table for every mode, since all cars don't have every mode.

In any case, driving profile information is part of your CAN Gateway (module 19) dataset. If the driving profile dataset in your car doesn't "request" the activation of a certain table (within the soundaktor firmware) then you won't get sound even though you have no errors. So when selecting Sport driving profile, the gateway (via the driving profile data set) tells the soundaktor to use the Sport sound table. Often times, in cars that did not come with soundaktor, the driving profile dataset does not contain the info to request activation of the soundaktor. In which case, it still won't work even though you will not have any errors.

My TDI S did not have driving profiles as standard so I had that retrofitted. I assume your GLI has driving modes though. I also updated to a 3Q0 gateway (previously had a 5Q0) which allowed me to use more of Chillout/jilleb's work, as linked here. Your GLI may have a 3Q0 gateway already. This allowed me to create a custom driving profile dataset, in which I have added the necessary requests for activation of the various tables within the soundaktor firmware. Chillout posted a thread here where I got some clarification on this whole thing.

All that being said, it is quite possible that (assuming you have driving profiles) your gateway's dataset does contain the requests for soundaktor already, even if the soundaktor is not installed. In fact that dataset could have lots of things that your car does not have and it would create no issue, because the "requests" would simply go nowhere. As an example, my dataset had a setting for DSG coasting in Eco mode, but my car is a manual. So you could try connecting up a soundaktor (after loading unlocked firmware) and see what happens. Just be prepared for it to not work. On the bright side, soundaktor module and speakers aren't normally too expensive, most people are trying to get rid of them 😂.

MQB type Soundaktor module PN 5G0907159 (doesn't matter what car it comes from, as you will have to load unlocked firmware anyway)
MQB type Soundaktor speaker PN 4H0907601 (same speaker is installed on all MQB cars, and several other VAG platform vehicles as well)

Now if the soundaktor is more on the PQ side of your car... ignore everything I just typed. It may apply, but it may not. But here are the PN's.
Soundaktor module PN 5K0907159 (again, no idea how this one works)
Soundaktor speaker PN 8J0907601 (a speaker is a speaker is a speaker)