Mk 5 frost heater install

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
I have a frost heater I removed from my mk 4. Does anyone have a picture of the recommended install position on a manual tranny mk 5.

I have monkeyed around trying to find a good place, but none of them seem correct. It is not the round frost heater.

I have searched online, and found some general tips, but nothing about the mount position.

Thanks

Craig

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
It's so close and Mickey mouse it's going to rub on something eventually....and it interferes with the skid plate.....a leak waiting to happen. Thanks, I was hoping for someone who actually had installed it.

craig01b

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None
Well, it's in. Pretty much like the pic in the vortex thread. I was able to use the original hose to connect from the oil container to the heater, and a new piece of 5/8 heater hose from the heater to the block.

The bracket was 3.5 inches center to center, and it is attached to the oil pan bolts.

I wish it could be about 2 inches higher, the cord out the bottom of the heater is very close to the belly pan. But, there is no room. Thanks for the help guys, I was hoping there was something I was missing. But, it will work!

C