Mk 4 1.9 tdi fuel filter o ring sizes

Billygolf4tdi

TDI
Mk4 1.9 tdi
Hi folks,
Think I'm having seal related non start after changing my fuel filter last month.
Was a bugger to start recently.

Remembered that when I got my fuel filter from europrats there were no o rings with it.

Anyone know the size and thickness?
I have a halfrauds 5 mins from me, but can't find the dimensions of the seals anywhere online.

Anyone have experience with this?

I don't want to just rock up and get the wrong type.
Had a bugger of a week with this this thing and just did a 20 mile cycle to work and back. Don't fancy doing it all week.

It was on vcds at work and came up maf , airbag and abs.
Replaced the maf.
I'd been bump starting it over the last few days so the consensus is that the code for abs is due to essentially slapping it into starting.

Before getting into the dark world of vcds, I'm no tech.

I fancy trying the 2 quid seals on my only day off hoping that's the issue.

There is a little play in the mickey mouse clip (it is in, but it can move a few mm more inward making me wonder more about the seals).

Thanks.

Diesel Fumes

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 alh tdi 5 speed
Not sure the size but I took a picture of what came with the mahle alh filter for my 2003. There's a blue and a black one. Not sure what each is for

Half inch wide and 1/16 inch thick. Or there abouts. I'm sure someone else can provide a part number

PakProtector

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk.4's and the Cummins
I just checked the bags I got from the shop across the street from work. They're size 012. And it is .070" x-section... :) nominal 1/16"
cheers,
Douglas