mityvac

hhpeter

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2002
I have to change the actuator on my alh golf and after watching the instructions looks like I will need a mityvac to adjust it after installation. Can anybody lend it for one day? I'm in Newmarket. Thanks

amit9

Veteran Member
TDI
None...
You should be able to loan one from your local PartSource. The other option is buying it from Princess Auto in Newmarket, keep your receipt, and return it when you're done.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
I wouldn’t know what to do without my mighty vac. I bought it several years ago to prime an injection pump after I replaced a pump on my buddy’s car. I’ve used it on all my diesels to test everything that can be tested in the vacuum system. Prime fuel filters, prime my gas trucks carburetor, bleed brake calipers, replace brake fluid etc etc.

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
Same - I bought one thinking I might do one quick job with it and then return it, but it's proven to be very useful on a variety of things. Well worth the $60 or whatever I paid for it.

Rob Mayercik

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS, Baltic Green/Beige
When I bought my harbor freight one, it was a fair bit cheaper and is was mostly metal (compared to the mityvac being largely plastic. Don't use it too often, but seems to have been reliable over the years.