Mity-Vac in Calgary, Saskatoon or Regina

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Execline 3.0 V6 TDI; 2012 Jetta Highline TDI
Anyone know where I can find a Mity-Vac to purchase in Regina, Saskatoon or Calgary?

I would like to know how much I can expect to spend and where....

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Is there a Princess Auto store nearby ???

They have their own version... (actually, they carry several models... one of them quite inexpensive - and occasionally it's on sale...)

Yuri.

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
ymz said:
Is there a Princess Auto store nearby ???

They have their own version... (actually, they carry several models... one of them quite inexpensive - and occasionally it's on sale...)

Yuri.
Do you know what their version is called....have you used it for the fuel filter priming? Information is most welcome...

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I bought my identical (?) one at Harbor Freight down in the U.S... http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=92474 As I said, it's often on sale... (C$25 ???) (edit) I found the Princess Auto Part Number: 8050832... Spring & Summer Catalog page 249...

For the fuel filter, I use my Pela 6000... just a little piece of vinyl hose as an "adapter" to bridge the different sizes... (I haven't even opened my H-F Vacuum pump yet... saving it for when I need to check out the turbo system...)

All the best,

Yuri.

Last edited:

Bosley

Veteran Member
TDI
06 TDI Wagon (A4)
P/a

Gilty_one said:
Do you know what their version is called....have you used it for the fuel filter priming? Information is most welcome...
The Princess Auto unit is called 'fluid evacuator', page 193 of the spring/summer cat. Its listed at $69 but was on sale for $49.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
The "Fluid Evacuator" is the equivalent (more or less) of the Pela...

The original poster was asking about a MityVac...

Different animal... (although they both suck...)

Yuri.

Gilty_one

Veteran Member
TDI
Thanks everyone for your tips and info. I just successfully completed my first fuel filter change. Zero problems and tons more confidence for the next time...or to help anyone else in the Regina,SK area.

note: I found the HVAC type pump at Wal-Mart for $39.95cdn. (similar to all the others out there)

Now I'm just waiting for my Pela 6000 to arrive for the oil change.