Missouri members

dabbill

TDI
2012 Prem TDI
I suck at planning things and still dont know Missouri very well. :( Some names a time and place and i will try to be there. :D

Ron22

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
I spend alot of time in MO with my TDI working. When I get diesel all I see on the pump is D2. Is D2 in MO just diesel or is it a biodiesle blend? In Minnesota all diesel has a mandated 5% blend but the pumps do not show this.

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)

Ron22

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta
The minimum requirement in Minnesota is 5% in the winter months, November through March, and 10% between April and October.
I know that I was just shorting it by saying 5%.
Either way it does not say anything on the pump.
Back to my question what about MO? If it is biodiesel mandated?

sdubois

TDI
2000 Jetta, White
In the morning there is nothing, I leave my house at 5am... sail all the way here in 5th at ludicrous speed.
Going home can be a bit of a challenge. Depending on when I leave, I have about 5 different routes to get home... the most common lately (given the uberfail that bestows 270) is just taking 364 (Page extension) all the way out, down, through St. Charles, then it turns into 94 as it crosses over 64. Then I get to stretch the Golf's sports car legs zipping through Missouri wine country, all the way to Dutzow, then on to 47, back over the Missouri river into Washington, then back down to Union. Longer distance, but lesser traffic. And once 94 is done, it should be even better. But, this weekend, the 141 extension will be opening, and that *might* lessen some of the traffic on 270, we'll see.
heh, that takes you about 3 miles from my house, I live a bit before defiance
dabbill said:
I dont believe MO has any bio in their diesel.
no, but Murphy USA claims to have 5-20% winterized bio, and I know Biofuels USA at the intersection of hwy 70 and 19 has b5, b20, and b99

k0wtz

TDI
near columbia

i live near columbia mo. i have owned a 98 beetle for long time 200k on it. now have a 2009 jetta i always take my car to tom s import in columbia for all my work.

he has been in business since the 70s and came from greece. his charges are very reasonble and will do anything to accomidate a person.

he has customers that drive from denver for his work.

very honest and dependable

bob

Last edited:

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
I dont believe MO has any bio in their diesel.
Quoting an old post I know, but east side of St. Louis has nothing but bio blends practically. I travel to IL quite a bit and I never like to fill up in IL since all of their diesel contains bio, so I always try to make it back to MO before filling up. But I have to get on the west side of St. Louis (at least traveling along I-70) before I can find diesel with bio added.

Also just want to thank KCTDI, he saved me this week from wasting a bunch of time on a Passat TDI that was for sale.

Talked to the guy selling the Passat over the phone and according to him it just needed a turbo, he said he even had the car checked out by a guy who specializes in VW diesels and all was good except for the turbo. I immediately asked him if it was Mike that he was referring to, he kinda got silent for a moment and then said yes. So I told him that I wanted to talk to Mike before I sent a deposit via PayPal and drove all the way up near Columbia.

Glad I called Mike, because car had a whole bucket list of problems, lol. Guy selling the Passat was definitely not being honest, now I know why he was hesitant to tell me it was Mike who looked at the car, he knew Mike would give an honest assessment.

So thanks again Mike for saving me the hassle of trying to get my deposit refunded and wasting a bunch of my time driving up to Columbia.

Cheers,
Ben

KCTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg
Glad to help, Ben. I've had two local people call this week asking me about that car too. Sure hope it "disappears" at the car auction, like maybe to a Chineese investor.
You gonna be able to make it to CoolAirVW's GTG in Belton the 16th?

vwjettadsl

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
TDI’s
When I let the guy know that I was not going to take it, he said he was gonna put it on eBay. Feel sorry for people who buy off of eBay, I have had so many customers with horror stories from buying TDI's off of there. Sometimes you can get a good deal, sometimes not so much.

Wish I could make it to the GTG, but not gonna be able to make it. Been awhile since I've been able to get to a GTG, really miss going, its always great to catch up with people and meet new ones also.