Missouri members

smltwnguy30

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 VW Golf TDI 2 dr 5 spd
Well my fellow Missourians, I have started and drove my Golf some, waiting on a new Power Steering pump that will be in Wednesday, and it runs STRONG! If it wasn't for the PS pump I am sure it would have done just fantastic... I do now understand the lag people complain about with the VNT 17 vs the 17/22. But hopefully I can resist changing it for a long time. I will put up new pictures soon on my Facebook gallery, many more mods to come over time! Look forward to more GTG's now that I have a toy worth showing off! Hope all is well for all of you and if you ever need some help or are just in the area feel free to drop me a line! Thanks KCTDI for all your help getting my monster back on the road!!!

whitey482

TDI
2011 JSW TDI - DSG, Toffee Brown
It will last longer if you only put diesel in its tank.

Never say, "gas up"; say, "time to get some fuel".

If anyone else ever drives your TDI, make sure they understand. If he or she uses the words "gas" or "gasoline", take the keys away for a month as punishment. Take the keys away from yourself if you screw up.
See I already said it. Trust me no one touches my car without me in it. I even bought a Diesel Only Fuel key chain from http://www.diesel4life.com/

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
Thought it was time to say hello to my fellow Missourians. I am in St. louis, South County area. I have a black 2000...TDI of course. Oilhammer is my mechanic!

turbotrucka

TDI
Mk7.5 GTI, 981 GT4
St. Peters, MO. Bought a 2012 Golf TDI today. Not new to VW's, or Golf/GTI's, but I am new to (automotive) diesel. I drive a truck for a living and I'm used to 65mph@1400rpms.

scidav87

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta 5-speed 1980 Rabbit 1.5L
Kansas City area here! I do all my TDI work and side work for any other TDI I can find up here.

A Riv

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 5-speed, 1972 bug, 1996 Triumph Thunderbird (moto).
I'm in Webb city just next to Joplin. Well, when I'm home. When I'm in college I'm in Fayetteville AR. I got an '02 Jetta TDI loaded and an auto, but I would like to have a standard. Love it though!

mo_jt

TDI
2015 Passat TDI w/sunroof
Manchester, MO here. 2003 Jetta Wagon, 2003 NB, and my son has a 2001 Golf. All TDIs, of course. Try to do a lot of the work myself, but oilhammer has gotten his fair share of my business!

gt

Veteran Member
Missouri TDI

I am in Sedalia, been in business since 1973 and worked on the diesels since 1979. Glen's VW Repair 1213 S. Marshall Ave. phone 660-826-6892 Be glad to help you with repairs, and parts.

oilhammer

Certified Volkswagen Nut & Vendor
TDI
There are just too many to list....
gt, I think we used to ship parts to you almost every day when I worked at FRI (Flat River Imports). :)

A Riv

TDI
2003 Jetta TDI 5-speed, 1972 bug, 1996 Triumph Thunderbird (moto).
My brother lives in Sedalia and go up to visit from time to time.

Canary5.0

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Golf DSG w/ Tech Pkg. Malone Stage II
Nevada, MO. Bought a Blue Graphite Metallic 2012 Golf TDI w/ Tech Pkg. At the end of April. Over 7k miles of pure joy so far, hundreds of thousands to go!

dabbill

TDI
2012 Prem TDI
Robertsville, MO here, just got 2012 Jetta TDI 3 weeks ago. :D
Spend quite a bit of time in South county (finace lives there)

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
I work in Maryland Heights, though. ;) Long drive, no wonder I love my TDIs! :D
Brian, that drive must suck! 270 traffic during rush hour is terrible, and now 44 is under construction. You must spend have your day in congestion.

oilhammer

TDI
In the morning there is nothing, I leave my house at 5am... sail all the way here in 5th at ludicrous speed.

Going home can be a bit of a challenge. Depending on when I leave, I have about 5 different routes to get home... the most common lately (given the uberfail that bestows 270) is just taking 364 (Page extension) all the way out, down, through St. Charles, then it turns into 94 as it crosses over 64. Then I get to stretch the Golf's sports car legs zipping through Missouri wine country, all the way to Dutzow, then on to 47, back over the Missouri river into Washington, then back down to Union. Longer distance, but lesser traffic. And once 94 is done, it should be even better. But, this weekend, the 141 extension will be opening, and that *might* lessen some of the traffic on 270, we'll see.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh man, thats rough. But there really isn't much you CAN do. You're really racking up the miles that way! It has to be 60 or miles going that way :eek: But then again you probably can still get home within an hour and that is much less time than waiting on 270.

Last edited:

dabbill

TDI
2012 Prem TDI
I get to drive to Busch Stadium every day for work from Robertsville, but i have 0 traffic both ways. :D I work 11pm to 7:30am :)

dabbill

TDI
2012 Prem TDI
I work in the R.A.Y federal about 2 blocks south of bush stadium. I am IT contractor for the US Coast Guard.

oilhammer

TDI
I keep wanting to do an open house/BBQ here some time. But it is tough for me to do all the logistics on my own.

truman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'05 Passat Variant, Still miss the 03JW
I keep wanting to do an open house/BBQ here some time. But it is tough for me to do all the logistics on my own.
Just a suggestion: How about you do the open house and we bring our favorite BBQ for everyone to sample and just warm up on the grill? Potluck style should work well and minimize your input- just a thought.

dogdots

Vendor
TDI
None
Hey Brian - start a GTG thread and we will pitch in to help it happen. How about when it cools off just a bit...last time I was at your house it was so hot some of your road stuck to my shoes and is still in the carpet of my wife's truck :p