Missouri Already Received $8.7M Settlement...

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
Well...apparently VW isn't waiting till Tuesday (10/25) for some pieces of the settlement....

JEFFERSON CITY (AP) — Missouri has received $8.7 million from Volkswagen as part of a multibillion-dollar national settlement over the automaker’s emissions cheating scandal.

Attorney General Chris Koster’s office transferred the money to the state’s general revenue fund on Thursday.

The money comes after Gov. Jay Nixon so far this fiscal year cut about $174 million in funding for Missouri’s schools, roads and a variety of other programs. He said the cuts were needed to balance the budget.

The $8.7 million is just part of Volkswagen’s planned payments to Missouri. Volkswagen also agreed to pay as much as $39 million for environmental air remediation programs in the state, as well as $40 million on a consumer vehicle buy-back or repair program.
http://www.columbiatribune.com/busi...cle_f242bbcb-db5e-5746-b128-3b679a564c38.html

bubbagumpshrimp

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Jetta TDI
It would be nice if they put it towards education, but I'm guessing it'll go towards "a variety of other programs," lol.

Rico567

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL Premium (Turned in 7/7/18)
I guess if you are a state, you get paid sooner.
If it's not part of the court case we've all be reading and commenting about -which it doesn't seem to be- my guess is that they can get paid as soon as VW gets around to cutting them a check.