Mission impossible: red Jetta wagon 5speed

coletraim00

TDI
1982 caddy pickup 1.6td
This is my mission in life to find this this car SOMEWHERE for sale.
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

2002-2003
Jette wagon
Tornado Red
5 speed
Sunroof
Diesel (obviously)

PLEASE HELP

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
2 each 03 5 speed Jetta wagons, 1 NA Isuzu P'up (a keeper)
Get yer cash, be ready to fly to Montana

Oh, what's that? You didn't mean NOW? Or you didn't mean, uh, oh, whatever reason this one will not work....I'm sure there is a reason you cannot buy this one

After re-reading your post, I see. You didn't want to BUY it, just find it. Gotcha...

http://www.scottedgerton.com/listing.php?id=184

Last edited:

whitedog

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta that I fill by myself

Oh, what's that? You didn't mean NOW? Or you didn't mean, uh, oh, whatever reason this one will not work....I'm sure there is a reason you cannot buy this one

After re-reading your post, I see. You didn't want to BUY it, just find it. Gotcha...

Yummy. He also has a Chevette.

That one has an Isuzu Diesel.

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
I bet he won't buy it. He wasn't expecting to find it, though it was "his life's mission"

Or, he doesn't have the money ("I gotta talk to the bank about financing")

Or "it is too far". Wah

You can lead a horse to water....

coletraim00

TDI
1982 caddy pickup 1.6td
I would be in montana by now if it was for sale. I called about that one this morning, it was sold yesterday. I have cash in hand and my only limit for travel is the oceans. I'm not doing this exercise for fun.
If anybody has any tips or leads please call me at 570-223-9898

Thant you all

smithski

TDI
'05 Jetta Wagon GLS 5-spd

This very car popped up for sale on my local Craigslist for...

...$6300!

It was listed late on a Friday night...I saw it a little over an hour after it was listed and tried to buy it. The lady lived an hour out of town and said the car was parked at her daughter's house (3 miles from my house) -- I rolled over and checked it out, then called her up to say I would take it...had to leave a message. No response whatsoever. The subsequent 3 attempts at contact also proved futile. Turns out Scott is quick on the draw with TDI's around here.

I ended up getting a very clean black/black leather '05 GLS 5-spd wagon w/ 87k miles (fresh timing belt, brand new tires, and $1000 in aftermarket suspension parts too) for $10,600. Had to fly to Portland to get it and drive back 900 miles though...

highender

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I sold bought my Tornado Red 2003 JEtta wagon, but auto, in Seattle...and drove it back to Calfornia.

Sold it a few years later after just 10 hours on craigslist.

These cars are in heavy demand.

coletraim00

TDI
1982 caddy pickup 1.6td
It looks like a stretched gulf. I called bout it but it seems it has been moved to a different location. I need to call back later. Do you think it would be hard gettin parts for that? The guy said it was bought in Germany by a us air force brace cap't, then imported to the US.

Good looking out, we'll see how that turns out.

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
Over Easter, I saw a Mexican license plated VW wagon here in Texas. It was badged as a "Pointer", and looked a lot like that little red wagon (including the extremely short rear bumper). I could not tell if it was diesel or gas, but was a 5 speed. Shorter, more narrow, and not as tall as the jetta wagon.

In the parking lot, I had my Jetta wagon, and there was a Passat wagon. Three different sizes of VW wagons/estates/variants/whatever.

diggindiesel

TDI
99 Jetta
I am somewhat familiar with the Polo. You will see tons of those outside the U.S.--I've seen plenty of them while traveling around Mexico. They make a diesel-electric hybrid version in Europe which supposedly averages 84mpg.

TomJD

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Jetta TDI GLS, 2015 Golf TDI
If this is your life mission, what will you do when it is completed?

KITEWAGON

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Touareg Exec, 2014 JSW
Someone in NH just bought a sweet 2003 GLS wagon, 160k, 5 speed, leather for $6k. Silver though, not red. It even had the steering wheel controls. It looked super clean. I would have bought it for that price just to have a back-up for when mine gets tired.

I will keep an eye out for a red one.

JBjunior

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon/05 Passat Sedan/03 Jetta Wagon
Non-turbo, cheapie model. Ask the seller to see the DOT/EPA releases for the car ;)
That car has been featured on here a few times, still at that same dealer. It had to be 9 months to a year ago. They wanted between 14k and 16k at that time.

BigBadThor

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Tornado Red Jetta Wagon GLS (sold); 2014 GSW Wolfsburg Edition CPO TDI
That was my dream car too, then I gave up and settled for a nice blue wagon I found locally. Then, a few months later, killing some time on eBay, my dream car showed up. '03, Tornado Red, 5spd and the original owner had ticked off every option box, so it had tan leather, roof, winter package, steering wheel controls and best of all - ESP. I sniped it for $8000 a year ago, sold the '02 Golf TDI we had to my sister, and imported it from Connecticut. I've been in love ever since. It's the first car I've owned where I'm not thinking about the next one. I'll be driving - and hopefully continuing to upgrade - this car for as long as the fates will allow.

Good luck.

camnicklaus

TDI
2003 GLS golf

bigsexyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 NB, '04 Jetta
Too bad you weren't looking when Danix was selling his... It was the perfect T-red wagon...

Rxfire

Veteran Member
TDI
And there was plenty of time on Danix's car, since he had it here on a "feeler" ad for something like 6 months.

Here's the above mentioned Denver red wagon at Green Car now

http://cars.facebook.oodle.com/deta...ellevue-wa/?cm_mmc=FB_PREVIEW-_-www-_-NA-_-NA

I had emailed coletraim00 when it appeared in Denver on May 16, but never got a reply, so I PM'd him on May 16, still he made no reply. You cannot drag yer ass like that if you want it so badly that it is "my life's mission".