Mirror tilt on reverse available on JSWs?

shutterfly

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I cam across some posts on some random discussion forums about enabling mirror tilt on reverse on some MK6 golfs.
Just wonder, has anyone already tried it?

Robpol86

TDI
2010 JSW
I tried it on my 2010 JSW but nothing happens when I put it in reverse. I tried setting the mirror adjust knob to R or L while going into reverse but no dice.

I think I read somewhere that the JSW uses a different kind of controller or something, so I gave up on it.

TDIinMA

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW 6MT; Black uni, Cornsilk
You can add the setting via VAG-COM or the MFD menu but nothing happens (similar to coming/leaving home). No biggie.

One thing you could use instead is to connect your mirror movements so that both move together and then you could just dip them down a bit before backing up for a parallel park, etc.

I have other clever "mod" examples too, like keeping your garage door opener in the little drawer that pops out of the Passat B6 dash. ;)

Last edited:

vinistois

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 golf wagon tdi
this is true for mk6 as well. If the mirror dipped now, it would have no idea where to go back to. This function requires the memory module. It stores where you currently have the mirror, then it can dip it, and return it to the original position afterwards.

You just need the parts and wiring from any mk6 model with memory seats.