mirror down

JSWTDI

TDI
JSW
I have 2013 Jetta Sportwagen. The MDF show mirror down is checked but when I put car in reverse the mirror does not tilt down. Is there something else that I need to do get the mirrors to tilt? Someone turn on the mirror tilt but done see where it works.

We just purchased VAGcom and still trying to figure it out.

Any ideas to help.

Tweak3D

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
I have 2013 Jetta Sportwagen. The MDF show mirror down is checked but when I put car in reverse the mirror does not tilt down. Is there something else that I need to do get the mirrors to tilt? Someone turn on the mirror tilt but done see where it works.
Any ideas to help.
you need a few new things which unfortunately make it cost prohibitive to do this mod on our cars. New high-line door controller, new mirror motors, and seats with memory function. As far as I know, there isn't anyone in the US who has put all this together which is sad as I would really like to see use this functionality as well.

GearheadzTV

Veteran Member
TDI
'10 JSW DSG
Any ideas to help.
Weird that it has the option in the mfd, is your mirror adjust knob set to the right mirror position? That is the way it worked on my passat...

Tweak3D

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
Weird that it has the option in the mfd, is your mirror adjust knob set to the right mirror position? That is the way it worked on my passat...
I can check the box on my CECM via VCDS and the option shows up in my MFD too, but we do not have the hardware for it to work.

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (Gone But not Forgotten), 2013 Tiguan SE 4 Motion
You have to turn your mirror adjuster to the mirror you want to go down before you reverse, A Tiguan Loaner I had had the feature with the memory seats, it was an awesome feature..

jni3

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 sportwagen tdi / 2012 golf tdi
i wasn't happy that i didn't have the option in my mkvi golf, so i purchased the upgraded mirrors. hopefully i'll get them installed shortly.

msantram

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 SportWagen TDI DSG (Buyback 2018.01.30)
I coded my mirrors to move down together. They may not move automatically, but I can move them together when I'm reversing and back up after I'm done. Would this be a solution for you?

TDI<wagen>

TDI
2011 Golf Wagon, 6MT, pano, leather, media package
You have to turn your mirror adjuster to the mirror you want to go down before you reverse, A Tiguan Loaner I had had the feature with the memory seats, it was an awesome feature..
So if I have them set to move together from the mirror adjuster and I coded via VCDS to tilt them down when in reverse do I still need to have adjuster set to right mirror position?

Black11TDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI (Gone But not Forgotten), 2013 Tiguan SE 4 Motion
As far as I have heard the only true way to get the Mirror Down to work, is to have the memory mirrors/ seats with the power folding option. When I set mine for both mirrors together, no matter what side I select both mirrors move with the toggle, but sadly not in reverse, even with it coded on. But that Tiguan Loaner I had only the Passenger side mirror would drop with the right side mirror selected, it was handy because Seattle Parking Enforcement will ticket for tires more then 6" from the curb. They do it that way because you don't always want your mirrors to drop, like normal backing up. I have been scouring UK Ebay for a set but the cheapest set has been $700 plus shipping, and they needed painted.

Oilerlord

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW TDI w/DSG. 700 Mile Club. 2008 BMW X3 "Beatrice", 2004 BMW 330Xi, 2014 Mercedes B-Class Electric
This is the number #1 feature I miss from my 2000 Jetta GLX. Drives me crazy to not have it.
This is the #1 "feature" I hate about my wife's BMW. Drive's me crazy the mirror points down every time I put the car in reverse.

Tweak3D

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 JSW
the vw will only do it if you leave the mirror switch in the mirror down mode, so it only does it when you want to it. I assume the BMW is the same way, as most BMW's i've been in are similar.

Turn the switch to the top left icon and when in reverse, the mirror dips.

bobt2382

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2010 CW GOLF 4DR 6MT TDI
I bought one of the Polar FIS Advanced modules last year. They developed a software add-on that allows FIS module to dip the mirror down when you put the transmission in reverse. Here is link to a RHD vehicle from Australia. He is "setting" the mirror and showing that the passenger side mirror does in fact move down when in reverse. About $350 for the module plus shipping.

I use it for monitoring regens, DPF load, turbo boost, and battery voltage.

http://www.auto-polar.com/forum/show...t=mirror+video