Milwaukee/Chicago Area Meeting

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
I swear I'm never going to make one of these... one of my lab meetings just moved to the 29th. :mad: Sorry to miss you all again!

Rescuefireman15

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Silver 5 speed
March 29 isn't going to work for me. I have to work a 24. Yah the life of a firefighter has it's downs as well. Sorry can't make the GTG. I'm still planning on changing my TB March 31 and need someone with a Vag-com to run on my car before and after the change. Please let me know if I can Rent for a day or drive some where to meet up.

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
I just found out my wife set me up for a Triplet parenting class that night. I don't think she wants me to go to one of these...:rolleyes:

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
i will be there as always grazing in the upstairs bar and quaffing sam adams. free munchies until 630. ya'll welcome.

vwsandman

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 01' Blue lagoon
Sorry, can't make this one this month, stuck in Reno, NV for the week. Maybe next month. Sorry Guys! Good luck with the TB change Rescuefireman15!

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
Rescuefireman15,
I am doing a TB change late in the night Saturday night. If you feel like stopping by after 7:30pm let me know. I live in Lake Villa, IL.;)

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
does anyone have hose clamp pliers? i need to replace my coolant sensor. guy at sears said he does not know where they are in the store.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Jack_Berry said:
does anyone have hose clamp pliers? i need to replace my coolant sensor. guy at sears said he does not know where they are in the store.
I do, and will try to bring them. They were with the auto tools in the store.

Ben

Rescuefireman15

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Silver 5 speed
MiksTDI,
I'm starting the TB Change at 10am 3/31/07 and with the help if vwsandman's tools and ShanTbolt we hope the car is working before 4/1/07. I have to work at 7am on 4/1 and wouldn't be able to make it. If you can wait or need another person at a different date let me know.
vwsandman,
Thanks for the tool rental and the great wishes. Since I need my car the next day having you guys is a great help.
Later,
Rescuefireman15

Tony'sdad

TDI
No TDI's, but a Powerstroke
Don't know if you're talking about needing the hose clamp tool at the GTG tonight, but I have one and I will be there.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
I'm going to try to make it-time for a little road trip. It all depends on customer obligations at work. If they've been met, I'm on the road at 5:30 sharp.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
i would like it tonite so i can get this warning light to go off. like i said i have the parts just no tool(o that is so wrong in a couple of ways:eek: :eek: )

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
had a great time. kharmin, thor, mctdi, christopher c, thunderstruck, dzljedi an newbie and his bud rob.

thanks to dzljedi and mctdi for the help to get the temp sensor switched out.

hector i am still looking for the other name.

Thunderstruck

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 GTI SE 6M
Jeez, you got home before I did! Great seeing you all, and work schedule permitting I'll do it again next month. And we won't be freezing in the parking lot in 30 days.

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
I am looking to be at both this GTG 0n 4/26/7, and the Fond du Lac GTG on 4/28/7.

Ben

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
hey folks,

i have taken it upon myself to ask the local amsoil rep to atend and answer any questions about oil and filters. i bought oil from him tonight and he said if we got together we could get a good discount on cases for our needs. see ya thurs april 26th.

Donny O.

Veteran Member
TDI
96 Passat TDi
this event was last weekend and was a great time. i even took the passat out for a few laps. it's not fast but it was fun. think I hit about 85+ on the back stretch. cant wait for the october event.

Donny O. said:
hello fairly new guy here...had my TDi less than 2 weeks but was jsut at the brat stop with it sat the 13th for a meeting with the f-body(camaro/firebird...you know the gas guzzlers) club I belong to....MFBA. I won't be able to make the meeting as I work nights....but wanted to mention something that has been talked about here. road coarse racing/autoX.

the club i mentioned rents road america for a track day(weekend) 2 times a year....april and october. anyone is welcome to come. since I cant run my camaro cuz it's a convertible with no roll bar, I think i'm going to run my passat around the track a few times jsut for fun. if you don't know what road america is it is a beautiful 4+mile road coarse in Elkhart lake WI. here is more info about it. http://roadamerica.fbody.us/

I hope it's OK that I post that....it is a non-profit fully legal car club and I make no money from, so i'm not selling anything, and I don't work for the track, or anything like that.....jsut passing on some info some of you might be interested in.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
THURSDAY APRIL 26TH
BRAT STOP HWY 50 WEST OF I 94
5-630 FREE EATS UPSTAIRS
MEETING AT ABOUT 630 UNTIL...............

TOPICS
group ride to diesel grand dads?
an amsoil rep may be there to talk oil
autocross-i got some stuff to hand out about car prep in stock classes.

anyone else got something to discuss??

OHHHHHH
THE MAY 4 RIDE AT THE MILE

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
Jack_Berry said:
THURSDAY APRIL 26TH
BRAT STOP HWY 50 WEST OF I 94
5-630 FREE EATS UPSTAIRS
MEETING AT ABOUT 630 UNTIL...............

TOPICS
group ride to diesel grand dads?
an amsoil rep may be there to talk oil
autocross-i got some stuff to hand out about car prep in stock classes.

anyone else got something to discuss??

OHHHHHH
THE MAY 4 RIDE AT THE MILE
Sure wish I could be there. It sucks sometimes working second shift.:(

ShaneTbolt

TDI
Jetta, 2002, blue
Request for the Amsoil guy.
Could he bring one quart of 2 stroke oil mix for dirt bikes?
If they do not come in quarts, what ever the closest sized bottle to a quart is will be fine.

What time should I get there for the free eats upstairs?