Milwaukee/Chicago Area Meeting

shepner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
GTG to buy helmets

For those who are interested in participating in the autocross driving school in May or any of the other track events that will likely come up this year, you need to have a helmet. Because of this, I am arranging a GTG at Pegasus Auto Racing Supply to try on helmets.

Date/time: Saturday Feb 17 at 10:00am

2475 S. 179th St
New Berlin, WI 53146
262-371-1234
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/

Hope to see everyone there!
stephen

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
shepner said:
For those who are interested in participating in the autocross driving school in May or any of the other track events that will likely come up this year, you need to have a helmet. Because of this, I am arranging a GTG at Pegasus Auto Racing Supply to try on helmets.

Date/time: Saturday Feb 17 at 10:00am

2475 S. 179th St
New Berlin, WI 53146
262-371-1234
http://www.pegasusautoracing.com/

Hope to see everyone there!
stephen
I plan to be there.

Ben

shepner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
Since the question came up, the GTG at Pegasus is what I would consider a "lets go shopping" GTG. Or another way to put it, Hal and Stephen are going shopping for helmets that day and we thought it would be fun to invite the rest of the group to tag along:D

stephen

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
'06 Jetta, DSG, Package 0
Anybody from Illinois planning on this? Share a ride?

It IS this coming Saturday we're talking about going to Pegasus.

(I'd like to, just not sure about fundage right now...) :eek:

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
kharmin said:
Anybody from Illinois planning on this? Share a ride?

It IS this coming Saturday we're talking about going to Pegasus.

(I'd like to, just not sure about fundage right now...) :eek:
kharmin

Even you don't buy yet, you can see about, what size helmet.

Hope to see others there,
Ben

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
i will be there if for no other reason than to confirm my car does not accomodate the 74" person with a racing helmet unless reclined ridiculously in the car.:D

shepner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
btw this is something that I found on the Pegasus website. Might be good to get the measurments in advance to help speed things along this weekend:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
SIZING:
Helmets should fit as snug as possible without causing discomfort. Measure head circumference around the largest part of the head approximately one inch above the eyebrows and just above the ears. If a one or two layer Nomex hood will be worn with the helmet, it should be worn when measuring head circumference. If a hood is not available, add about 1/4 inch to the circumference measurement for a single layer hood and 1/2 inch for a double layer hood.

stephen

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
So - I'm thinking to get 2 (or maybe 3) birds with one stone, er, trip North -

1) Bio-d on Rt 41 on the way up,
2) Go shopping :D:D:D (for a helmet!)
And, 3) Get my dg skid plate put on!

I've just PM'ed Matt, so if he can't do it, maybe other arrangements could be made??

10 am, still, at Pegasus?

:D:D:D

shepner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
kharmin said:
I've just PM'ed Matt, so if he can't do it, maybe other arrangements could be made??
I *might* be able to do the work if my schedule permits (wont know till tomorrow) but you would have to go even further north

kharmin said:
10 am, still, at Pegasus?
yep

stephen

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
Thank You Stephen! But ~

I just looked again at what I have to do and where I have to be the rest of the weekend, and put things together, and I don't really have time to spend 5 hours on shopping in New Berlin tomorrow - too many, many other things todo. :(:(:( Pout, fershure!

Thursday is the Kenosha GTG, and my day is clear for that, - maybe...???

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
kharmin, you what stephen to take a dy off from being a computer prison guard to install a plate? lets talk tomorrow at pegasus.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Since you meet monthly, activities should include fixing members cars problems. May be, invite BleachedBora and Drivebiwire to do timing belt changes.

shepner

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI
sorry kharmin, but after installing the plate on my car, Id rather not go through that in a parking lot at night in the cold....:rolleyes:

However, I probably will make it to the thurs GTG

stephen

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
computer prison guard?!
EEEK!

No, I can't make it to Pegasus tomorrow - 5 hours is just too much time out of the day, considering the other things I realized I've committed to getting done in the next few days - most of them truly "girly" :p, but gotta get done anyway!

I am going to have Matt put the skid plate on tomorrow, and tank up on Rt 41, but he's less than an hour from here, not 2+ ...

Have fun tomorrow! See you Thursday night.

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
shepner said:
sorry kharmin, but after installing the plate on my car, Id rather not go through that in a parking lot at night in the cold....:rolleyes:
NONONONO!!
I wasn't even thinking of that - I don't know exactly what I was thinking - it's been a crazy day! Sorry that thought even came into anybody's head!

quantum_tdi

Veteran Member
TDI
R320 CDI, '96 B4V (for sale)
Is it already the last full week of the month? I was planning on seeing y'all at the Brat Stop but I have been occupied both Jan and now Feb! Arrgh! See you next month, I hope.:(

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
ITS GTG TIMEyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

thursday feb 22 at the bratstop west of i94 on hwy 50.

its dinner and drinks not work.

free buffet upstairs from 5-630 join me. i will be there approx 530.

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
For those of you reading this who are interested in racing...:D

I just found out that there is a go-karting expo at the brand new Schaumburg Convention Center this weekend -
So what, you say? :confused:
So, I'm meeting some karting friends up there Saturday AM to look at helmets...(before the Portillo's party/GTG)
$8 admission.

Also, this could be very helpful:

Saturday 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
GET YOUR BODY READY FOR RACING!
Presented by Jim Leo, PitFit Training
All seminars are free with show admission.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
make sure

they meet the 2005 safety standard. pegasus had some in their catalogue but there was nothing in the description that they met the standard. there will be a sticker on the back of the helmet that will specify the safety standard the helmet meets.

kharmin said:
For those of you reading this who are interested in racing...:D

I just found out that there is a go-karting expo at the brand new Schaumburg Convention Center this weekend -
So what, you say? :confused:
So, I'm meeting some karting friends up there Saturday AM to look at helmets...(before the Portillo's party/GTG)
$8 admission.

Also, this could be very helpful:

Saturday 12:00 PM - 1:00 PM
GET YOUR BODY READY FOR RACING!
Presented by Jim Leo, PitFit Training
All seminars are free with show admission.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
drummed out

of the brat stop. 6 bands tonite with a set up during OUR meeting. we left before the music started. i have to say the tdi puts out great heat theu the vents....warm.....warm.....warm....warm....o i don't hav ethe seats on yet. o warmer warmer warmer.

great meeting you vwsandman 3 blks from my house.

see you sat. kharmin, hope scrvy has the vowels for me. hey i bought you dinner and a drink did i not get something?:) :D

MiksTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 GLS Galactic Blue
I missed another GTG! I was out doing the family things and looked at the calendar a little too late tonight.

kharmin

Veteran Member
TDI
hey i bought you dinner and a drink did i not get something?:) :D
Now, how am I supposed to answer that without getting Gibbs-smacked by my OM and giving everybody else the wrong impression, too?

ThankYou, Jack! :D:D:D

I WILL bring the table signs Saturday - :rolleyes:
Kate Bercaw.

'06 Jetta - Spice Red & beige
DSG, pkg0, anti-glare aspherical mirrors, door locks mod (by the dealer!), Panzer plate

mctdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta
Monthly Milwaukee/Chicago area GTG

shepner said:
This is to start a new/clean thread for the monthly Milwaukee/Chicago area GTG and to make it easier for people to know when/where to meet

We meet on the last Thursday of month about 6:30 PM, at the Brat Stop which located near I-94 and Hwy 50, west of interchange, on the north side of Hwy 50. Their web site is http://www.bratstop.com/

It is not unusual for people to start showing up at 6:00pm

We collect at the back of the place on the far north end of parking lot Look for all the VWs :)

When the first people go inside, be sure to let them know you are part of the TDIClub and perhaps ask for the tables near the stage (plenty of room there). This will give us a bit more room then a booth and will make it easier for new members others to find the group.

Free wireless Internet access is available in their main area

stephen

BUMP BUMP

lovemybug

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Red Beetle
I just found this thread. It's too bad I can't make these. The Brat Stop is not far from my house. Unfortunately, I work second shift and don't get home until very late. If the meetings were on the weekend, then I'd be able to show up. As it is, I guess I'm there in spirit? Anyhow, maybe one of these day's I'll be able to make a meeting.

Rescuefireman15

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Silver 5 speed
I'm going to the Fond du Lac GTG in April, but was trying to get my TB Changed before then. I've got the parts coming this week and working with ShaneTbolt for the experience. Does anyone have a Vag-com that I can rent to run my car on before and after the TB Change? If so please post a reply. I live 2 miles west of I-94 in the town of Raymond and would be willing to work with almost any schedule. I'm planning on the TB Change March 31 so if your interested in seeing it come on over. Please keep me posted on the VAG-COM if possible.
Thanks,
Rescuefireman15
P.S. When is the next GTG at the Brat Stop?

ShaneTbolt

TDI
Jetta, 2002, blue
The next GTG at the Brat Stop is March 29 (Thursday).

It is possible someone might bring their Vag-Com and laptop and scan your car at the Brat Stop.

If I miss the Brat Stop I'll see you (Scott) Saturday the 31st then.

JerryPT

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta GLS wagon
Biodiesel vehicle for rent in Milwaukee???

Hi, my family (three of us) are coming to Milwaukee the first week of April and would like to rent a vehicle that doesn't burn petroleum. We have been using B99 for five years now.
We need this for four days, April 2-5. Know of any rentals available iin Milwaukee, or links/phone numbers to check out?
Thanks,
Jerry

Last edited: