Mileage w/ Upsolute

Norman

Veteran Member
TDI
'00 Golf GLS, '03 Wagon GL
Hi, volks

I've been reading sporadic reports of mileage improvements with the Upsolute upgrade due to advanced timing, etc. For those who have taken the plunge (and have somewhat reliable empirical data), could you please report your before and after mileage figures, and also note if your before figures are from stock, Wett(or any other chip), tuning box, or any other performance device.
Thanks for your input.

SteveS

Veteran Member
TDI
00 NB automatic TDI
absolutely the same mileage -- given the same right foot inputs. But, and this is a big but, I have so much more fun driving my Upsoluted TDI that I usually speed and do all the bad stuff for economy. Best MPG before = 56.4, best MPG after = 56.2. However, mine is an automatic due to my bum left leg.
Worst MPG before = 34, worst MPG after = 36.5

[This message has been edited by SteveS (edited September 26, 2000).]

Vhunter

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 silver Jetta 5spd TDI
I would say that it hasn't hurt the mileage much if any. The hard part is keeping the foot off the floor!
I was getting about 53 or so on the interstate running about 75MPH with a best of about 55MPG when it was new on a 600 mile tank

. Last week I got about 49 MPG on a 500+ mile trip. But that was with about 40 miles of 90+ MPH driving and a top speed at one shot of over 110 MPH for a couple of minuits. Average speed was 70MPH with slow downs for many small towns and 'road trash'.

I would say that with MPG like I got, if I drove on cruse at about 75 MPH like before, for many miles, the MPG would be up there like before.

It is to tempting to SOOT someone at the stop lites when they tail gate, so you have to be REAL strong to resist!! If you can resist, the MPG is there!

BTW: 99 A4 Jetta, descreened, K&N, TT exhaust, Up chipped, with ND T-box (box not used on the above figures). 55MPG was with no mod's and less than 2000 miles on the car.

[This message has been edited by Vhunter (edited September 26, 2000).]

[This message has been edited by Vhunter (edited September 26, 2000).]

Turbo Steve

Top Post Dawg
MPG has varied from 47 to 56 after getting the Upsolute Chip and numerous tinkering with other mods.

In short, if you don't hot rod your TDI all the time, your engine will probably last longer with the Upsolute Software Upgrade because of the advancement of injection timing.

casasmith

those are great numbers..I have about 2500 miles on my nb 2001.. and mybest mpg has been 44..then it dropped to shy of 43 and today 41.9!!
I think I'm driving the same..though I have been flooried it a couple of times on this tank (actually I check mileage with 300-350 miles on the fillup)
I commute to Boulder from Denver mostly so it's not straight highway speeds..I do get it up to 75-85 then down to 55...should I be concerned? I try to fill it the same way..as it gets near full, I slow down the flow.. thanks

carolinagolf

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta 2000 White
With the same driving technique, I've gone from 44 to 46 mpg (two tanks since mod). This is 20 miles to/from work with half city, half highway. I believe my timing wasn't in the ideal range to start with judging by the large increase in power I experienced along with the mileage increase.