Mileage on a dsg engine and other questions

TDI2010

TDI
Golf TDI 2010
Hey guys! Getting super excited about my new car (2015 golf tdi)....since I'm planning on keeping this car for 10+ years... Just a few things I have been thinking about...number of miles I should expect to get out of this car without major issues? Does driving in sport mode wear out the engine faster? With my first golf, I didn't really break the engine in (as suggested on this forum) I just drove...but for this one should I? Thanks!

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Just drive and follow recommended service schedule. No, driving in sport mode won't wear out the engine faster, but why bother? You will find the engine's torque and dsg to be an excellent match.

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
Do you really want to buy this car? Lets see new engine, new fuel pump, new oil and water pump ( they are variable output ?), separate cooling loops for the block and cylinder head....oh and a new exhaust manifold with the intercooler as part of it. A smaller fuel tank ( 13.2 gal ), a 1 year or 10k miles VW supplied service, while the last is minor.
I bought a 2009 JSW and had the fun of moding my 2003 Jetta and acting as crew chief for my Dad's NB so I thought I knew about the long term care and feeding of TDIs. I don't think I would buy another new engine or body style for it's first year. My aux fuel pump went south with 65K miles where my 03s pump is still doing its thing with three time the milage. And I'm unsure what the service will cost for the DPF when it is full of ash?
We have no crystal ball here but a wealth of past experience. So how many miles will be trouble free........who knows, do a lot of reading here about general information and your model type and year. Remember it's new.

Jump62
aka Paul

V-Rod

Veteran Member
TDI
2014, 06 Jetta TDI Auto
A little grumpy ^^^

To the original poster, congrats on the new car!!

Jump62

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GlS,2006 NB (Crew Chief),2009 JSW
A little grumpy ^^^

To the original poster, congrats on the new car!!
No not grumpy just been there, done than, and sometimes got a T-shirt. The OP was asking for information we just don't have about this engine and some " hand holding " to make him feel better about his very new VW. It's a risk to buy something new, the posts by Oilhammer to this guy in other forums make mine look mild. I was on these forums a full year before I bought my 2003 Jetta and joined after I bought the car and read everything I could about the car and its problems before buying. Yes I hope the new car works well for him but each year about this time we see a rash of new or lazy owners who want a question answered without using the search function and their question has been answered many times.
Jump62
aka Paul

South Coast Guy

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI wagon
Do you really want to buy this car? Lets see new engine, new fuel pump, new oil and water pump ( they are variable output ?), separate cooling loops for the block and cylinder head....oh and a new exhaust manifold with the intercooler as part of it. A smaller fuel tank ( 13.2 gal ), a 1 year or 10k miles VW supplied service, while the last is minor.
I bought a 2009 JSW and had the fun of moding my 2003 Jetta and acting as crew chief for my Dad's NB so I thought I knew about the long term care and feeding of TDIs. I don't think I would buy another new engine or body style for it's first year. My aux fuel pump went south with 65K miles where my 03s pump is still doing its thing with three time the milage. And I'm unsure what the service will cost for the DPF when it is full of ash?
We have no crystal ball here but a wealth of past experience. So how many miles will be trouble free........who knows, do a lot of reading here about general information and your model type and year. Remember it's new.

Jump62
aka Paul
My '09 JSW had had one repair outside of warranty in 5 years of driving. Everyone's experience is different but mine is very good.