• Poll closed .

klufkee

Veteran Member
TDI
NONE :( 2002 Toyota MR2
bluenb1 said:
The "too fast too furious" movies may be appropriate as well? :eek:

Cheers, J
If we're going that route don't we need some riced out Vee-Dubs?
Perhaps some with 26 inch spinners and 3' tall wings with hydraulic flaps.
(Everyone knows spoilers are worthless without hydraulic flaps!)

I can see it now...

Lupos w/16 switches hopping 5 feet in the air,
NBs with ludacris body kits making them look like F40s,
Jettas shooting flames from the tailpipes and purging NOS through vents in the fenders,
Passats with 2 1/2% midnight black tint scraping 1/8" off the ground,
Maybe even a Eurovan with 10 18" Orions and a velvet zebra landau top.

This could be fun!

Bill K.

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
ok, since we are at no decisions I am bringing my Top Gear Revved Up.
Since noone protested or said they have already seen it, I will assume noone has seen it.

After all its a euro market only item. not available on amazon.

I am buying another one off of ebay right now, its in australia, I doubt it will get here fast enough.

There is no reason that there would be anybody who doesnt like it unless that person hates british people. I will have to bring my dvd player because it is a PAL movie. I converted it to NTSC but the conversion doesnt guarntee compatibility with every player.

If we will be drunk, I guarantee this is something that WILL not put you to sleep.

Also my DVD player plays divx with better reproduction and volume than a PC, I will try and bring the old school Topgear videos of the Rs4, R32, focus type R etc. and I can check the "internet" for new ones.

If you have watched top gear on discovery channel throw that opinion out the window. the show is reshot and edited for american audiences. The brits dont want to hurt our feelings by reminding us that we have 25% of the available brands and models that they do.

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
Charm,
I would love to see it. Hubby's been wanting to get his hands on the DVD for a while now. I am still not sure if we're defiantely going to the fest but we're aiming for Sunday at this point. Anyhow, I vote for TopGear if it matters. :D

Jess

Charm said:
ok, since we are at no decisions I am bringing my Top Gear Revved Up.
Since noone protested or said they have already seen it, I will assume noone has seen it.

After all its a euro market only item. not available on amazon.

I am buying another one off of ebay right now, its in australia, I doubt it will get here fast enough.

There is no reason that there would be anybody who doesnt like it unless that person hates british people. I will have to bring my dvd player because it is a PAL movie. I converted it to NTSC but the conversion doesnt guarntee compatibility with every player.

If we will be drunk, I guarantee this is something that WILL not put you to sleep.

Also my DVD player plays divx with better reproduction and volume than a PC, I will try and bring the old school Topgear videos of the Rs4, R32, focus type R etc. and I can check the "internet" for new ones.

If you have watched top gear on discovery channel throw that opinion out the window. the show is reshot and edited for american audiences. The brits dont want to hurt our feelings by reminding us that we have 25% of the available brands and models that they do.

TwinDiesel

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI (two!)
Death Race 2000
:cool:

EDIT: All of the cars in the movie, except one, are re-bodied Volkswagens, including a VW Karmann-Ghia (Matilda's Buzz Bomb). The only non-VW is the white Resistance Army car that chases Frankenstein very briefly before crashing and blowing up; it's a 1965 or 1966 Ford Mustang fastback.

Last edited:

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
Dan: I got the hookup, I will check when I get home, hopefully it is good quality.

Jessica: Excellent, tell your husband not to worry, I will bring copies of it. Unfortunatly I can double confirm that they donot sell these in america. I just ordered Top Gear: WInter Olympics and this UK bootleg with 4 movies
I hope they get here by friday but its doubtful.
What kind of DVD player do you have? I have revved up in its original PAL and a converted NTSC, ahh, I will just bring both

Event Organizers: what kind of TV will be in this room? I hope its not a 27" and a VCR, if it is does anyone have a portable projector with rca/svideo inputs?

jettafock

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta GLS TDI auto, platinum gray, ESP
So if someone can get a good copy of Talladega Nights would everyone be up for watching that? Or what about Monty Python and the Holy Grail?

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I am working on getting the holy grail: the South Park Hybrid episode from early this season. THAT is some fine TV.

burpod

teh stallionz!!1
TDI
82 rabbit vnt ahu, 98 jetta vnt ahu, 05 parts car, 88 scirocco.. :/
life of brian? :) the flying circus original tv is also insanely funny. i won't be attending, but you can't really go wrong with the holy grail. still just as funny to this day as it was 10-12 years ago when i first saw it (if not funnier). but i could also see fast/furious (either one) or better yet "torque". depends if you want funny in a good way, or just so bad it's almost even funnier :) like jumpking street-bikes up onto the tops of trains, and then manuever into the train itself down the corridors, and then out again! lololol...

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
first, Does anyone know what kind of device we will watch on?
Being that we are a large group and could possibly be rained in someone should bring a projector!

If anyone reading this has TopGear videos on DIVX (or Mpeg) that you probably downloaded from Kazza or some other P2P, bring em. I am going to bring my LG DVD player, it plays PAL(euro) dvds and it plays divx(Avi) and mpeg files. It also upconverts to 720p and 1080i signals.

I hate to be negative but it looks like this will be a real social event with all the rain.

again, does anyone have a projector? I can bring powered Bose or JBL (apple sound sticks) computer speakers. They should come close to suffice.

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
no, not good enough, must be xga!
just kidding, but not really, no I am kidding, seriously.
thats awesome, but if anyone else has a projector that has 2000 lumens and XGA resolution please bring too, incase we have to watch in a place that has lighting we cant turn off or Compu_85 is not arround.
I think that either my HarmonKardon JBL Soundsticks or my brothers 100$ bose computer speakers should suffice, but I might reconsider and throw a 100w x2 sony amp in my trunk along with some Hometheatre speakers.

compu_85, since you are camping out you are more than welcome to stash it in my room if you want.
being you are young like me, I must assume you got a wiked collection of downloaded videos that hopefully contains alot of the topgear videos that made them famous, like the RS4 (or all audis).

thank you

anyways, if you have any divx or Mpeg please bring.

mycruiseagent

Vendor
TDI
Jetta GL, 2002, Galactic Blue - R.I.P.
jettafock said:
Can anyone get there hands a boot leg of Talladega Nights? I hear is pretty funny.
Funny you should mention that ... I just got back from Shanghai. ;)

MCA

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I mis spoke, it is XGA actually. I just figured VGA would be a less obscure term to people then XGA. I don't know how many lumens it is... it's respectable. I'll throw... err... place it in the trunk :)

Oh, and I'm not camping. I'll be in the hotel causin trouble with the rest of you.

-J

Last edited:

Charm

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 GLS leather sunroof
JettaFock: As for hollywood movies with a vehicle theme thats about all I am interested in. I will bring the copies available to me. there is usually a disconnect between the "street" bootlegs and the internet ones. I have pretty good access and sometimes the quality is phenomonal. I will also bring some other stuff. I got some other car videos too.

Again if ANYONE has any Topgear UK show segments, they were very popular when people were using kazza, bring them! Either my DVD player will play them or a PC will.

Compu_85: thats awesome, most XGA projectors made in the last year pump 2000 lumens. If I had the balls I would take our 3500$ dell projector from work which outspecs many 6K$ projectors at 3400 lumens and 1440x 1024 resolution. this thing is crystal clear with lights on
I will take care of sound, hopefully this hotel will be empty(being its a convention center) and we get free reign.
And I am glad to see you are in the hotel, being a broke college student is the best time to live beyond your means, are you 21 yet?