Mid Michigan summer GTG --Saturday, July 25th

pal99

TDI
2005 golf gls tdi
Rocket Chip

Do we have to get in line for RC, who do we call or write, to get it chipped?
if there is a line in fowlerville, could you guys put me on the list for RC?

Paul

Last edited:

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
pal99 said:
Do we have to get in line for RC, who do we call or write, to get it chipped?
if there is a line in fowlerville, could you guys put me on the list for RC?

Paul
Did you read this entire thread? See posts #102 and 103 concerning Rocketchip! Those posts say:

Concerning Rocketchip: there is no advance list for Jeff's services. It is first come, first served and sign up starts when Jeff puts out the sign up sheet at the GTG. There is no set time for the start of Rocketchip - when Jeff is ready it starts then. He is usually among the first to arrive as it takes a little time to setup.

Hi - RC will be attending ;-)

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
CoolWht said:
Did you read this entire thread? See posts #102 and 103 concerning Rocketchip! Those posts say:
Like most if he found the thread at the midway point he most likely did not read 50 previous postings. I don't as a rule either. :p

But if I have some question I do, but then I am retired with lots of time on my hands.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Old Navy said:
Like most if he found the thread at the midway point he most likely did not read 50 previous postings. I don't as a rule either. :p

But if I have some question I do, but then I am retired with lots of time on my hands.
Just get tired of seeing the same question over and over again. I know you are aware of this as your GTG threads have a VERY informative first post with date, time, location, directions, etc. Just seems every other page we get the 'sign me up for RC' request which doesn't work that way. I do know us GTG veterans know RC sign up is in person in the day of the GTG and newbies don't but still with some reading the info is usually already stated in most GTG threads.

Hope that you are enjoying your new phase of retirement with the grandkids these days! That must eat up alot of your free time now! :)

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
CoolWht said:
Just get tired of seeing the same question over and over again. I know you are aware of this as your GTG threads have a VERY informative first post with date, time, location, directions, etc. Just seems every other page we get the 'sign me up for RC' request which doesn't work that way. I do know us GTG veterans know RC sign up is in person in the day of the GTG and newbies don't but still with some reading the info is usually already stated in most GTG threads.

Hope that you are enjoying your new phase of retirement with the grandkids these days! That must eat up alot of your free time now! :)
Thanks for the good comments on my GTG directions and does this mean you and pop's will be down this time? :D

Well thanks to $700 a month for daycare I do have a few hours during the days, but it sure gets into my fun money. Without Linda working it is a rather tight budget these days, trying to put away some money for the trip to Marty's at the present. The $1500 or more a month these two boys cost is a killer, but we are making it at present.

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
Old Navy said:
Thanks for the good comments on my GTG directions and does this mean you will be down this time? :D
There's a possibility I will see a friend in NE Oklahoma in late summer - am not sure if his definition of late summer includes early/mid-October when you have your GTG. Maybe I can combine the two trips? Also there is an weekend in October booked (it's either 2nd or 3rd weekend of month IIRC) so depending on your GTG date, maybe I can attend but no promises. Hopefully I'll know more by Marty's GTG and we can talk in person there!

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
Hey guys

Boy, I guess its gonna be time to put a work list together....or have I missed something ;)

For the lift I think that stuff like auto trans flushes and maybe a couple of skid plate installs...that sort of thing. Under car inspections would be good
I just don't want to get too tied up with any one project on it.
Fair enough?

Marty

JETaah

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
96 B4V, 1999.5 jettaIV,2005 BEW Beetle
tango_28 said:
Anybody doing wheelbearings at this GTG?
I have the technology if you have the kit.
I also recommend getting the three bolts (for each side) for connecting the control arm to the ball joint
as they are listed as one-time-use.

(qty 3) N 101 277 07 m8X1.25 x 26mm BOLT

These are the ones that I detach for changing the bearing out while on the car.

BTW what model car needs the bearing?

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
TDI13 said:
Does anyone have an idea of what the prices are for chip tuning?:confused:
Depends on the tune you get plus your mods if applicable. Just bring at least a few Benjamins along which should cover at least the RC1/RC2 choices if your are serious. Oh, and sign up on the RC list when you arrive to reserve your slot as no advance reservations are taken for RC tunes - it's all done in person on first come/first served basis on day of the GTG. :cool:

originalboxcar

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE TDI 6spd
Man, I'm bummin'! I'll be out of town that Saturday. I wish all there a great time, which no doubt will occur. Great folks mixed with good food and not to mention boat loads of TDI's converging in the middle of the STIX. Gotta imagine the local farmers wonder what the deal is

As far the RC tune, as stated get on the list early and have cash in hand! Being a newbie last year, I had to make an extra trip to the bank in fowlerville but it was worth it.

I was traveling last week westbound on I76 just east of Harrisburg/east of I81 and I saw a red 04/05 jetta MK4 pass me with the PA license plate "RCKTCHIP". Was that you JRMONSTER or just a fan/customer?

Have a kielbasa and a "pop" for me!

t~

Sprocket

Sprockette's hubby
TDI
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit Eco Diesel, 2005 Passat Silverstone Grey, 1996 Passat Storm Grey
I could use some help installing a Cat fuel filter kit and also changing my hand brake cable if it's not too much trouble.

paramedick

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor
TDI
2015 Audi Q5 TDI
Sprocket said:
I could use some help installing a Cat fuel filter kit and also changing my hand brake cable if it's not too much trouble.
CAT filter is easy. Sometimes the E brake cable guide tubes are hopelessly corroded, You might want to have one on hand. Consider doing both if the other has never been changed.

3A0 711 951 left
3A0 711 952 right

BC_Mi_TDI

TDI
2002 Beetle
First chance to attend

Sounds like a great time for a newbie to gain a lot of information. I have questions about Beetle options. What are the chances of my wife ( Jetta enthusiast) enjoying the gathering?

tditom

Top Post Dawg
TDI
formerly: 2001 Golf GL, '97 Passat (RIP) '98 NB, '05 B5 sedan
BC_Mi_TDI said:
...What are the chances of my wife ( Jetta enthusiast) enjoying the gathering?
whether or not your wife is a "car person" (a real bonus in my book!), she will enjoy herself. There are some "tdi widows" who show up and seem to enjoy chatting (commiserating?). It's a very family-friendly atmosphere. :)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
BC_Mi_TDI said:
What are the chances of my wife ( Jetta enthusiast) enjoying the gathering?
If it's Jettas she likes, they usually dominate the typical GTG for number of them in attendance compared to Passats and New Beetles.

agdtec

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Golf 2000 blk
Dieselgrandad had to cancel his GTG, so I'll try to make this one. I am on vacation but already have honey do list:mad: so I'll have to see if my other boss lets me off for good behavior. :rolleyes:

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
Awesome Peter!

See you there in my Dads mk3... 4 years.. 4 different cars :)

I think my dad will enjoy the RC2 he will be getting by suprise :)

TDI
Jetta, 2006, Campanella White, Anthracite Int. DSG, Pkg. 1; New Beetle, 1998, Yellow, black leather Int., 2013 Passat TDI SEL Night blue, grey Int. given back to VW (well, not given... ;) ) 2018 Tiguan; first gasser in years
Attaboy Aaron, not only are you upholding the tradition but you're doing a great thing for Dad. What a guy! Now I've just gotta decide which TDI to bring especially since the Jetta population sounds like it's getting full of itself. ;)

TDI Owner/Operator
TDI
2015 Passat TDI SEL
paramedick said:
Tell her to come, and I'll show her the ultimate TDI! ;) :D
You mean Kennedy's now sold Bora which used to be SVTWEB's? That one set the bar for the ultimate modded TDI on the A4 platform. Let's not forget SVTWEB's former V6 TDI B5 Passat wagon either!