MFD Changes

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
Any notable changes to the MFD?

Is there a setting for the car to close the sunroof and windows when it rains?

I saw this in threads on the previous generation.

This is my first VW.

I really like the fuel burn rate for 'convenience consumers'. Very nerdy cool.

T_D_I_geek

TDI
2015 Golf TDI S 6-speed
Totally agree with the "very nerdy cool" assessment. I really appreciate how the new TDI provides an abundance of quantitative information about fuel economy - perfect for the geek lurking in some of us.

Although I am reserving judgement on the accuracy of the MFD's displayed FE; based on other posts and my first tank, I'm wondering if it's FE may be biased high.

WiszMaster

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta TDI - Silver, '06 Golf TDI, '06 MB 320 CDI
Is there a setting for the car to close the sunroof and windows when it rains?

Yes, as long as your have rain sensing windshield wipers.
You'll have to turn it on via VCDS, there is a thread in this forum with some of the instructions or links to it.

TurnOne

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf SEL TDI 6MT
Yes, as long as your have rain sensing windshield wipers.
You'll have to turn it on via VCDS, there is a thread in this forum with some of the instructions or links to it.
It hasn't rained yet but I understand the wipers on my SEL to be automatic. I am considering buying http://www.ross-tech.com/vag-com/Micro-CAN.html
I understand this is what I would need.

I hate to spend $250 for something I will likely only use once or twice in the first few years of ownership.

According to the website, if I buy one used, I still have to pay $99 to register it. Does the software need to be registered to use?

Thanks!

mishkaya

TDIClub Contributor
TDI
'06 Jetta 5MT, '10 JSW MT, '14 JSW 6MT
I hate to spend $250 for something I will likely only use once or twice in the first few years of ownership.

According to the website, if I buy one used, I still have to pay $99 to register it. Does the software need to be registered to use?

Thanks!
It does not need to be registered to use, but you won't get any support if it is not registered. They are very helpful folks, so you would be better off buying new; you can always resell it for a good price if you part with your VW. VCDS is something every VW owner should have... ;)