Messed up fuel hoses, please help!

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Passat CVCA; 2015 GSW CRUA; 2012 wagon CJAA; 2004 wagon BEW
I was trying to do some diesel purge on both my 2015, and one of them didn't go back correctly, the problem is I don't know which one is right, please help!

Return to the right or the left?

AverageAndy

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat TDI SEL, 2013 Golf TDI 6MT, 2013 Jetta TDI 6MT (R.I.P.)
I think it is your second picture, but honestly, I don't think it matters -as long as the center, filtered line goes to the HPFP.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Andy, I think you are right.

I definitively didn't undo all 3 hoses in either car, just got the middle (to the HPFP) and the rail return into the diesel purge container. Neither car wanted to run like that at all, just crank no start.

So, my theory is that these hoses do come arranged different on the CRUA GWS and CVCA Passat.

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
I am chasing a long cranking on the GSW, and these hoses did come up for double checking. I am running out of things to check for this long cranking, I'm starting to suspect the HPFP on last legs (no metal yet).

Need still to check the ASV, make sure is wide open while resting, and that the spring is good.

740GLE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat SEL, 2017 Alltrack SE; BB 2010 Sedan Man; 2012 Passat,
diesel purge is still a thing?

You notice and difference after the purge?

pedroYUL

Veteran Member
TDI
Couldn't diesel purge at all really. The Passat did suck in some DP, but the GWS did not.

I have also tried Techtron D, and maybe it is all in my head but it did improve slightly on how the GSW runs. No improvement on starts.

Also changed the pressure regulator to a GM part (Bosch made of course), and that got the car running real good, but no improvement on starts. If there was a one speck of metal anywhere, it would justify just jumping on a CP3, no hesitation.

Yesterday I just found urea crud collecting on top of the DEF injector...when it rains, it pours. Just took an appointment at the local Kalamazoo dealer, this will be the test of both dealer (which has been dismal all 10 years I have tried) and the dieselgate warranty (should be covered).