Memory seats and mirrors+Fob

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
Hello everyone, I have yet to figure out how to clear the previous owners seat memory out of my key fob- been re adjusting everything every drive for 15k now. My new 2015 SEL didn't come with a Manuel but I do have my totaled 2013's manual figured a SEL seat is the same but maybe not? I have followed everything in the manual and cannot get anything stored on the seat presets or to the keyfob. Or the old owners presets cleared- Anyone willing to share those 2 pages in a 2015 Manuel with me? Maybe I mistakenly disabled it in VCDS? Here is what the 13 manual says to do, but it doesn't work what so ever on my 2015

1. ignition on, trans in N E brake set
2. Press and hold "set" for 2 seconds, then hold desired number
nothing happens.

On the fob memory clear reset, it says to:
Hold Set while also pressing and holding unlock on the fob, then press the desired number to clear.
Again, nothing

Help

Jetta_Pilot

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Passat Highline TDI Candy White (SEL Premium) long gone 2002 Jetta TDI
Disconnect the car battery. Last winter I had to replace my battery and for reasons I do not want to rehash it was a 3 hour job.
Once I reconnected the new battery all seat settings had to be redone.

jrm

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Passat SE with nav (totaled)
I had the battery out for 2 hours during the dsg service, it remembered. Thanks JimMi, that's the exact method I had in my 2013 Manuel and it doesn't work- thinking I disabled the memory seats in VCDS by mistake when I turned off the seatbelt warning and the auto locks.

Last edited: