Memorial Gathering for Oilhammer's son, St. Louis MO 04/22/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeta Life

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI DSG Auto
My heart goes out to Oilhammer and family during this time.

Reading Oilhammer posts one could easily see how the guy has a big heart caring as his posts reflect.

My prayers tonight for Brian and his family. A reminder to me to express love for children, innocent lambs of God.

God Bless All.

alphaseinor

TDI Innovator, Gone but Not Forgotten
TDI
'03 Jetta TDI 780,000 miles (totaled out), 01 Audi TT 225 Quattro 230,000 Miles (runs great!), 00 Cabreetle Beetle dash, ALH & MK4 harness Swap
Hey Brian,

Just found out about this literally a few minutes ago.

Sorry to hear about your son, My family and I will keep you and your family in our prayers.

My Sincere condolences.

pkhoury

That guy with the goats
TDI
2013 JSW, 2003 Jetta Ute, 2 x 2002 Golf, 2000 Golf
Update: The family requests any donations be made to the Lowe Syndrome Association on Nicholas' behalf.

www.lowesyndrome.org

I know Oilhammer is grateful for all the support of this community, it is a heart-warming thing to see.
Thank you for posting the link Dozenspeed. Learned something new as well.

ethelene

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Just read this after being absent a while. So sorry to hear. Up early today and praying for you Brian and your whole family.

benIV

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 PG 5m Jetta GL Sedan, 2003 RS 5m Jetta GLS Wagon (Golf Variant)
Brian, I'm so sorry to hear. I can't begin to imagine. Please know I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
Brian, I am just reading of the loss of your son. My prayers for him, you and your family. Bob

edjet

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDi,
Brian, you and your family will be in my prayers. I am sorry for your loss.

1854sailor

Resident Curmudgeon
TDI
2015 Golf SE SportWagen, 2015 Golf SE Hatch Back.
Just saw this thread. So sorry to hear this news, Brian. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.

chz17

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 jetta TDI GL 5spd, 2004 jetta TDI PD
For a father , I can't imagine a family loss a child. I really sorry for your loss.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
Just saw this... Brian, so very sorry for your loss. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going thru. Your son is at peace now and he will always be watching over you.

POWERSTROKE

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Hi Brian, Sorry to leave my condolences so late. I don't really read the forums that much lately. I'm very sorry to hear about this my brother. Be well.

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
As a father with a son who has CCHS i know the feeling going through life with a child who could also be swept away so devastatingly like this.

My heart and soul aches from hearing this news.
If there is anything i could do i would. I'm not a religious man but tonight i will have a drink for dear Noah and O.H.s family. So extremely sad to hear of a young life leaving us.
I don't want to make this post about me but it seems like this year 2020 is the worst year i have seen so far, many friends of mine have lost their lives, nothing to do with covid.

Also if anyone is curious about Lowe's Syndrome\

OH i sincerely hope you and your family the best and that somehow you all can make it through this horrible time. Nothing anyone can say or do to make this better i understand that. I'm soooo sorry.

NewTdi

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Bora, Reflex Silver
Brian,
While I cannot even begin to understand the pain you and your wife must be going through I admire both of you for all the wonderful years and life you have given to both your children who most probably are watching down over you waiting for the day to be reunited again in another life. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife during this grieving time.

Andrew

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
Brian, I am so sorry to hear of this sad news and your loss (again). It's a parent's most heartbreaking sorrow to outlive a child - unthinkable to lose another three years later.

No words could sufficiently comfort you and your wife, but let me offer the words of the Apostle Paul as he was staring at his own imminent mortality:
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith. 8 Now there is in store for me the crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous Judge, will award to me on that day—and not only to me, but also to all who have longed for his appearing.
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+Timothy+4:7-8&version=NIV

The Lord comfort you in this difficult time, my friend, and know that all of us at TDIClub stand by you.
Dave.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
My condolences to you and your family. I hug my kids tight every night and count my blessings. I don't know if I could do what you do. To out live your kids is one of the worst things for a parent. Blessings and hope are well.

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.