Memorial Gathering for Oilhammer's son, St. Louis MO 04/22/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
I regret to announce the sad news of the passing of renowned TDI Club member Oilhammer's youngest son Nicholas from complications of his condition. He was only 12.

There will be an informal memorial gathering this Saturday April 22nd in St. Louis, MO, (Affton MO more specifically) at the Affton Elk Lodge from 4 to 9 pm for anyone wishing to make an appearance of support for our friend and his family during this difficult time.

From less than a month ago....

Finally got the lift installed, here is my boys going for their first ride together in the new family van:

That is my younger son's nurse in the picture.

The little one seems less than enthused, LOL. :p

Lift weighs 404 pounds. It is a commercial level Braun Ability unit. Same one they install in OATS and other mobility access minibuses. Very well built unit, far better than the Ricon unit in my Eurovan or the kids' school bus.

The lift was paid for by Variety Club and Kids Assistive Technology, and installed by Southern Bus & Mobility.

It works great, and it is SO NICE being able to take the whole family, nurse, and all our accoutrements along in one happy package that is both frugal and pleasant to drive! :)
Click for full thread

I was only asked to make this announcement, but here I will take it upon myself to suggest again any TDI club members who would like to contribute financially to a truly upstanding and helpful member of this community as they have before, please do so. From what little I understand the health and subsequently financial hardships they soldier on through are simply overwhelming for anyone. I'll be making my inconsequential cash contribution Saturday in person...

The only other thing I have to lure you is I will be bringing my 1/3 million* mile TDI taxi you can see in person.

Thank you all kind TDI Club Members and Fans

Oilhammer's customer and friend,

Dozenspeed

R.I.P. Nicholas 04/16/2017

*as near as makes no difference

BleachedBora

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'81 DMC-12, '15 GL350 CDI 275 hp/448 tq - '81 Caddy CJAA, '05 E320 CDI 250hp/450 tq, '23 ID4 AWD Pro S Plus
Mere words cannot adequately express my condolences; so sad to hear about this. All our thoughts and prayers are with Brian and his family.

IndigoBlueWagon

TDIClub Enthusiast, Principal IDParts, Vendor , w/
TDI
'97 Passat, '99.5 Golf, '02 Jetta Wagon, '15 GSW
This is so sad. Brian has been an inspiration by how he's maintained focus and good cheer despite his family's difficulties. Our heartfelt condolences to him and his family.

Riflesmith

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Wagon TDI 6M, 2015 Golf TDI 6A
Very sad. Losing a child has got to be devastating. I have five grown kids and cannot imagine it. It would leave a hole in your heart that would never truly heal. Deepest condolences.

tdi54

Veteran Member
TDI
1981 Rabbit Diesel(sold), 2009 Jetta TDI MT(sold)2010 Jetta TDI MT, 2015 Jetta TDI SEL, DSG, 99 Ford F 350 PSD Dually, 2016 BMW X5 xDrive35d, 2016 535d
This is indeed very sad to hear. My deepest condolences.

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
My condolences , so sorry for such a loss.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
No words can suffice at a time like this, but my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

SilverGhost

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf - totaled :(, wife's '13 Beetle - buy back, TDIless
As my wife and I are finally expecting our first child after 9 years of trying, I cannot begin to understand how it feels to loose a child after years of having their company. My deepest, heart felt condolences to Brian.

I don't know your particular views on life, but I would suggest celebrate the good times with friends and family, and don't dwell on the down times.

Jason

Growler

Got Soot Vendor
TDI
Schmutz, 2015 Golf Sportwagen DSG & Schnurren, 2001 Golf GL 2 door 5M
I woud like to go, looking into it.

Thank you for posting this.

Brian, please accept my families deepest condolences. There are no words.

Last edited:

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
Such a sad thing to happen to a great dad.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I remember when he was born. You've been amazing parents who made his life so big. May he live on in peace in your hearts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dieselbill

TDI
2015 Passat SE TDI 6 speed sedan Titanium Beige and 06 Jetta Sedan TDI 5 speed Wheat Beige
My condolences to Oilhammer and family.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Hello everyone, I've received a couple messages about getting donations to the family. For anyone who would care to PM me, I will be glad to provide an address where your contributions can reach them.

Thank you. :)

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
Hello everyone, I've received a couple messages about getting donations to the family. For anyone who would care to PM me, I will be glad to provide an address where your contributions can reach them.

Thank you. :)
Update: The family requests any donations be made to the Lowe Syndrome Association on Nicholas' behalf.

www.lowesyndrome.org

I know Oilhammer is grateful for all the support of this community, it is a heart-warming thing to see.

Dozenspeed

Top Post Dawg
BTW, I wish to reiterate the gathering tomorrow is informal. I think the term used was "Irish Wake." (new to me, too)

So you all know. :)

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
Brian, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish I could be there to tip one with you in honor of Nichols.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
BTW, I wish to reiterate the gathering tomorrow is informal. I think the term used was "Irish Wake." (new to me, too)

So you all know. :)
It is a celebration of life. I've told my daughters that's what they need to do for me when the time comes.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
Brian, our heartfelt condolences to you and your family. We love you very much and are grateful for your friendship and participation in this great community. Sorry we can't make it out for the memorial gathering.

Status
Not open for further replies.