Mechanic in metro Phoenix AZ area?

Crosley

TDI
Sold
A friend is looking for a mechanic to work on his daughters 2002 Jetta TDI with auto trans.

The car is due for the cam belt change, water pump , pulley parts too. He bought a complete kit from a supplier i pointed him to from information I read on this site.

He would like to find a mechanic that works on the side , to save some money if possible.

A

azbioguy

Hey there,

Unfortunately, most of our members in the Phoenix area who were good shade-tree mechanics have hung up their toolbelts for one reason or another.

I've been taking my car to Steve at Independent Auto. His shop does great work and is pretty reasonable. His shop is in near 7th st and Camelback. 602-234-9783

Josh

Crosley

TDI
Sold
It seems that way... tool belts hung up.

He had a fellow's phone number... called him to setup a time and day. No return call. This mechanic asked my friend IF he needed work on the TDI.

:confused:

Trail Mutant

TDI
2004 Jetta / 280,000
AZ TDI Mechanic

Looking for a shop recommendation as I need a new timing belt. Have 132,000 miles on my 04 TDI. Dealer wants $1200+. I don't think so. I recently replaced my windshield washer pump for $9 which included shipping, but a timing belt is another story!! Thank you to anyone.
Henry

eborcean1

TDI
98 Jetta TDI 1.9
I second that

Just stopped by today. Seems like he know what he is doing. But email is the best way to contact him, even if it takes a couple days to respond.

azbob213

TDI
2006 Jetta
Hey there,

Unfortunately, most of our members in the Phoenix area who were good shade-tree mechanics have hung up their toolbelts for one reason or another.

I've been taking my car to Steve at Independent Auto. His shop does great work and is pretty reasonable. His shop is in near 7th st and Camelback. 602-234-9783

Josh

I too have had good luck with Independent. Had them do the timing belt, H2O pump and service the transmission on my '06. Bueno.

VWTDIaddict

TDI
99 Cummins Big Snail edition, 1991 Coupe Quattro about to become a diesel
I don't work for VW anymore but I am more than capable of getting your timing belt done for you. I live in Chandler but I work in N Scottsdale, if you haven't found anyone let me know(PM me) and we could probably work something out.

gadget1

TDI
98 New Beetle
Does anyone know who the TDI mechanic at Independent Auto Was? and where he went when they closed? I would love to find him as he did great things in the past on my 98 Beetle TDI. Otherwise besides Auto Bahn any other mechanics recommended in the Phoenix area?