McNally boost/egt ???

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
I'm getting weird boost reading when car is cold, I can't figure why I'm only seeing 5psi if that or so on the gauge until the car reaches normal operating temperature. Car drives perfect and I also double boost pressures with vcds and request/actual matches near 18.5-19psi . Have anyone come across issues like this before where reading on the gauge is of till car warms up ???

Bajan

sisyphus

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5, '01 A4 Jetta sedans, 5 sp box, Hamman mod, Joey mod, Bilsteins, 2.00" lift
Nope. Check your ground. I have mine grounded to a stud or something on the intake (can't remember right now) and it seems to require therapeutic removal/replacement every few months. Clean it up, put it back on, see what happens. It's the easiest and least expensive thing to do and good science.

jptbay

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle, 2006 Jetta Wagon
Are you using the stand alone boost sensor, or have you tapped into the harness?

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Are you using the stand alone boost sensor, or have you tapped into the harness?
It's a standalone that came with the kit.
Nope. Check your ground. I have mine grounded to a stud or something on the intake (can't remember right now) and it seems to require therapeutic removal/replacement every few months. Clean it up, put it back on, see what happens. It's the easiest and least expensive thing to do and good science.
I'll double check and see if things change.

bajan

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Update on this. I found the problem, boost leak at turbo which was small enough that I didn't notice till it started spewing oil all over the freaking place what a mess . Anyways I replace the hose and clamps plus tidy up a few vac lines and all is Well...

Bajan