Maybe we can program key fob window control?

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Uh... hmm... Well, none...
Anybody who knows a lot more about the CCM than I do have any thoughts on this:
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1461700&postcount=1

Scatha at PassatWorld said:
Solution: rollup/rolldown windows by keyfob without alientech/autowindow

Hi!

I can't find anything about it here on the forums so I decided to post this information here. A while ago some clever geniuses in germany discovered that you can modify the software of the central convinience control module so that it works like it does in Audi cars for ages and it does in the newer VW.

Press and hold the open button on your keyfob and the windows roll down
Press and hold the close button on your keyfob and the windows roll up

What do you need to do to get this to work?

1) a laptop or pc
2) a serial vag-com cable. Not all of them work for this. ProChip and orignal Rosstech interfaces are known to work in most cases
3) a pretty old dos only software called VDC Pro

I found two links to the software on it on the internet:
{COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL}
You can't do this from any windows version (Dos only!), with any USB interface or with VAG-COM or a VW 1551 tester.

Use the following procedure to reprogram the module

1. start vdc
2. connect to central convenience (46)
3. start login procedure (11)
4. use the code 19283
5. read serial eeprom (26)

Find the list of known values further down this post. Write down the original values at and continue.

6. write serial eeprom (27)

Enter the memory address and value mentioned in the list down below.
Do this for all addresses mentioned

7. end output (06)

Now exit your car and lock it. When you now open your car with the keyfob and hold the button the windows should start to roll down and stop when you lift your finger.

This works for all VW/Seat/Skoda cars that use the same type control module. Passat B5, B5.5, Golf Mk IV, Seat Leon, Jetta, Bora...

The following codes have been collected on different boards in Germany for the listed modules:

1J0 959 799 AH (any index) and 1J0 959 799 S 03B

Code:
Memory Address / old value / new value
04283 / 8 / 2
04289 / 8 / 2
08628 / 242 / 246 driver side front window
12724 / 250 / 254 passenger side front window
16280 / 250 / 254 driver side rear window
20916 / 242 / 246 passenger side rear window
1J0 959 799 J 00E

Code:
04286 / 8 / 2
04291 / 8 / 2
04296 / 8 / 2
08628 / 242 / 246 driver side front window
12724 / 250 / 254 passenger side front window
16280 / 250 / 254 driver side rear window
20916 / 242 / 246 passenger side rear window
1C0 959 799 A (any index) and 1C0 959 799 B (any index) for Variant/Wagon

Code:
04361 / 75 / 67
04362 / 75 / 67
04363 / 75 / 67
1C0 959 799 A (any index) and 1C0 959 799 B (any index) for Limousine/Sedan

Code:
04361 / 74 / 66
04362 / 74 / 66
04363 / 74 / 66
If you find any more codes/version/control modules where this works please post the codes here.

If it doesn't work just put your old values back in there and no harm is done.
{Edit by VW Derf to remove links to pirated software}

Last edited by a moderator:

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
Lightflyer you have done this? I would do this in a heartbeat if it will work for an MKIV. It sounds easy enough, I'm just a little worried if anyone has tried this and knows that it works.

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Lightflyer1 said:
It was very easy to do to my new Jetta using VagCom.
Yeah, it's a "standard" feature on the A5/B6s, but not on the A4/B5s. I just don't understand why, if the capability is inherent in the components already installed in the car (if the above is to be believed), they wouldn't have enabled it from the factory. It doesn't cost VW anything - maybe they'd get more business on replacing fob batteries, but that's about it!

penclnck

Did anyone get the bootdisc file? A friend of mine has a junkyard with several mk4 VWs that I could try this out on.

I've got DOS 6.2 burried somewhere in my house....Hell, I've got PC DOS 1.1 somewhere.:rolleyes:

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
penclnck said:
Did anyone get the bootdisc file?
No... I ended up with an error message that it had been removed from the download server. I got the other one, though. I'm not sure there is anything "special" about the boot disc - just a regular DOS boot?

I guess I'm hoping Uwe or Seb will chime in and say this is a load of crap, or maybe that VAG-COM can be easily tweaked/patched to perform the same function.

new2diesel

Veteran Member
TDI
'02 Jetta Galactic Blue Pearl
Hot-to Please!!!

Lightflyer1 said:
It was very easy to do to my new Jetta using VagCom.
I have access to a VAG-COM and would be very interested in this.. Especially if I didn't have to go out in the rain to close all the windows!!!

Please post a how-to if it was so easy..

\/\/

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
I've been playing around to at least figure out what this "VDC-Pro" software is... It's actually VDS-Pro, an early VAG-COM type analysis program (the version linked above is copyright 1998), from a group/company called posicon.

The software will at least run in a DOS window under XP. You can at least launch it and see what the screens and menus are like. I'm not about to try connecting to the car with it... seems a little scary to make a connection with software that predates the car...

You can get some idea here:
http://obd.ec.cz/software/VAG-Diagnose/
(Note that the screens in the version linked in the first post are in English)

Here's the front page screen (though I believe this is a slightly different version than what is downloaded above):

Last edited:

schwechel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta, Galactic Blue
It would be awesome if penclnck could try this out on some junked cars first. I don't want to be the first to try it and screw up my car. Hopefully someone can help him out and test this thing.

onehotspud

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Like the post says, this doesn't work with VAG-COM.

I booted in to DOS and ran the program. The light on the interface goes red and the program can't connect to the car at all.

So, maybe a generic interface will work?

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
new2diesel said:
I have access to a VAG-COM and would be very interested in this.. Especially if I didn't have to go out in the rain to close all the windows!!!

Please post a how-to if it was so easy..

\/\/
The link to Ross Tech was posted above. I enjoy this everyday here in the heat. The new cable has a helper that makes it very easy. I programmed several things like drl remove, seat belt chime, and adjusted the mfd dispay in a few minutes.

Sebastian

Vendor
#1 The software VDS-PRO aka. VDC-PRO aka. VAG-Diagnose is copyrighted and is NOT freeware.
#2 A serial VAG-COM interface (e.g. KEY-COM, HEX-COM and HEX-COM+CAN) shoudl work fine.
#3 Following the above instructions can cause your control module to g bad, we've seen that before and you would not be the first with that issue. Messing with EEPROMS without actually knowing what you do is risky so make sure you do have the pocket money for a replacement control module.

VW Derf

Administrator
Staff member
TDI
2010 Blue Graphite Pearl Golf Variant
I've removed the links as that software has copyrights and is not freeware. Please don't post links to copyrighted products.

fitzski

Veteran Member
TDI
Apologies Fred; my ignorance in taking certain things for granted. Thanks.

Just a point though, to clarify any presumptions... just because something has a copyright doesn't mean it can't also be "freeware" - they are not mutually exclusive terms. Freeware, at it's most basic, simply implies that there is no cost for the license. In this case, I defer to Seb's experience, since I wasn't able to find much (any) information about VDC-Pro in general, or its licensing in particular.

Last edited:

Sebastian

Vendor
TurboBugger, what about this...

VW Derf said:
I've removed the links as that software has copyrights and is not freeware. Please don't post links to copyrighted products.
...was so hard to understand? That does also include asking for illegal copies...:rolleyes:

Naftaman

TDI
2015 Golf TDI 6sp
fitzski said:
*** IF YOU HAVE AN A5 (2005.5 or newer) GOLF OR JETTA, CLICK HERE ***

You guys can activate remote window control with VAG-COM; see the instructions linked above at ross-tech.
Does someone know of anybody in the gta who could do this for me , I have just picked up a 2006 jetta and would love to have this feature, found an add in kijiji before , but it seems to have disapeared.I live in Mississauga

Thanks