Map Light Switch(s)

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
Has anyone had any problems with their switches breaking? I had one go last winter and the 2nd one go last week. Basically they are now in the on position constantly and when you push them in they don't "click" and stay in the off position.

I've taken the lights out so they don't burn all the time and I can probably replace the whole assembly with the moonroof control I'm just wondering if anyone else has had this problem and fixed it a different way.

Thanks.

leicaman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2005 TDI GLS, RIP
No I haven't but I bet it is something you use a lot from reading this. Maybe someone might have a spare set. Do you have the W8 light setup on yours? Many upgraded I understand and does this also include the switches?

TheGrove

TDIClub Enthusiast, Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat SEL Premium Opera Red - Dieselgate Fix, KermaTDI Tune, 2004 Passat GLS Northern Green-RIP
I'm pretty sure it's the W8 setup with the fancy dial and red lights. I need to pull it apart again and double check if you can actually remove just the switch.

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
I haven't had trouble with my W8 switch panel, but I don't use it much. The original crap fell apart. The W8 panel is its replacement.