Manual Swap Inner Axle Bolts

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
Just looking for the part number for the inner axle bolts. I understand they are one time use. When installing do I put any loctite like blue loctite and I read 140lb + 1/4 turn for the torq spec is this also correct?

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
140ftlbs is too high for those bolts, let alone the +1/4 turn.

I always blue locktite mine, and have reused them several times over (had the trans out recently to replace the flywheel after 300k km)

Your talking about the transmission flange to axle flange bolts(six per flange) , not the inner flange bolts into the transmission (one per) right?

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
Yeah the 140 plus 1/4 turn I was thinking was for the outer cv axle nut from the wheel hub. But yes I am looking for the 6 bolts that connect the axle to the transmission. If manufacturer specs it for one time use I’d rather just play it safe. Manufacturer specs it one time use for a reason. If you know the part number and the torq spec I’d appreciate it.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
found this for the torque spec over on passat world - seems right:

the inner M10 tripple squared bolts are "to transmission flange, first to 10 Nm, then in diagonal sequence to 70 Nm" basically, you follow the same kind of torque sequence as you would with your wheels, in the pattern never tightening two bolts close, and do each diagonal one.
so you get all 6 of them first at 10 Nm, then after those are all torqued, get them again in the same pattern but at 70 Nm.

Windex

Top Post Dawg
TDI
05 B5V 01E FRF
Pretty sure your part number is
N90441103

This assumes you have 108mm flanges on your joints and transaxle

Yetii

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 TDi Passat
Pretty sure your part number is
N90441103

This assumes you have 108mm flanges on your joints and transaxle
Thank you! I’ve been trying to find it. When I look online on forums I can’t tell if they talking about the automatic or v6 manual bolts not sure which one was which. I just measured the flange and I do have a 108mm flange.