Manitoba Members

steelbro

TDI
Passats and Jettas
Hi from Graysville

Greetings

Also from Manitoba, Graysville to be more precise.
Drive 2005 Passat TDI, 09 VW Roatan (i.e. Dodge Caravan)

Also do repairs on VW's, Skid Plates, Lift Kits.

www.dasgarage.ca

jm

WPGTDI

TDI
2005 Passat Wagon
Good to know. Have Frank Motor's here in Winnipeg. They haven't done one yet. They are going to get back to me and let me know if they are up to the task.

bmccrea

Veteran Member
TDI
'13 Golf TDI Wolfsburg, '10 Touareg TDI
hello from winnipeg.

WPGTDI, take your passat out to see jerome instead of franks. you wont be disappointed.

steelbro

TDI
Passats and Jettas
Re: FarmerRay

Assuming you have a 99-05 Golf, I have lift kits on the shelf. $150 plus install.
Sold quite a few and people just love them, especially if your driving gravel roads.

FarmerRay

TDI
2000 Golf
Assuming you have a 99-05 Golf, I have lift kits on the shelf. $150 plus install.
Sold quite a few and people just love them, especially if your driving gravel roads.
How long to install them? How much? How much lift are people really getting out of it? Any issues you have come across?

TDI_YWG

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI, '03 Golf GL TDI, '01 T4 California Exclusive, '00 T4 Multivan "Atlantis"
Hello from Winnipeg. Just installed a set of Koni FSDs with MOOG springs front and rear plus a 1" lift kit. Was zero extra work to install the lift kit as I had everything torn apart already. Would not be difficult to install a lift kit even if not replacing suspension, especially the rears. Let me know if you want more details on the install. I bought the Metalnerd special tools for suspension (spreader bit and double strut nut socket) too. They're great.

Hydesmith

TDI
2011 Sportwagen (Highline)
I just stumbled across this Manitoba thread. I have had a string of several VW TDi cars, the current one being a 2011 TDI Sportwagen Highline. I got it after the Diesel-gate buyback/upgrade/resell process. I got it from Steel Brothers. I had one TDI that went well over 400K, but I don't drive nearly as much now.

On longer road trips, the excellent fuel economy seemed like a small victory at each refuelling. It seems less so now, with the price of fuel so high, especially when diesel commands a premium fee. Still, I think that the JSW will retain its value for quite some time, as there are few vehicles that match its comfort, lifespan, relative cost-of-ownership and operation, and driving range. The electric cars that will eventually replace our carbon burners will go through many technological iterations before they match what we have in terms of an all-round highway car. That being said, I do look forward to recharging a car at home with lower costs per km, at least for shorter trips.

I also have a 1983 VW Westfalia, which I only operate in the summer, obviously. It is a relatively simple vehicle, but brings such joy. In my dreams I will eventually convert it to electric, even if I have to recharge at serial campgrounds along our adventures, and enjoy the comfort of patiently making a meal or enjoying a nap while it recharges at plug-in stops, where I can watch those wealthy Tesla drivers wriggle in their seats or spend even more money for nasty coffee in the greasy diner attached to the roadside recharging stations. Perhaps that same 'small victory' feeling will return.

Bravo for starting and keeping this little Manitoba thread going. It is good to help one another out from time to time. I don't do real auto repairs, but always appreciate those who know our cars well, and look for advice from fellow drivers more knowledgeable than myself on maintaining our vehicles.

JimmyTDInewb

TDI
ALH
Grunthal MB here. I’ve got a Vag com if someone needs help. And the timing belt tool kit. Just replaced mine. I would’ve loved help so I’d like to help where I can