Manhattan, NY

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Silver Manual Jetta Wagon (sold) *@*
I saw on in Mahattan today. (Dark) Gray mk4 parked on 3rd Ave. between 25 and 26 st. Ha, I was so excited and this time, I left a note on the car: "Hi, check out Fred's TDI Club.... jessica_rabbiit.... p.s. we're at ______ restaurant." Saw the owner came out with her friends and waved "bye" as they drove off (I was sitting in my car at that point). It was awsom! :D:D

Last edited:

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
And the owner of that car must have wondered, "Who is that caped crusader of TDIClub?" :D Good jorb. :)

Been about three years since I last visited Manhattan.

I assume the owner of said car fit the profile of young, white and affuent?

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
TDIMeister said:
And the owner of that car must have wondered, "Who is that caped crusader of TDIClub?" :D Good jorb. :)

Been about three years since I last visited Manhattan.

I assume the owner of said car fit the profile of young, white and affuent?
Yep! That's her... and pretty, too. ;)

jessica_rabbit

Veteran Member
TDI
another one

I saw another TDI in Queens on Woodhaven Bvd yesterday. So, I honked and waved and my husband said to me, "what are you doing?" I said, "that car is a TDI, don't you see?" Then he said, "you really shoudn't honk at people you don't know. This is New York! You don't know if that person is sane or not, just becuase they drive a TDI doesn't make them nice." Ha! I guess I've been lurking in this site for too long... thinking everyone that drives a TDI is nice! :cool:;)

TDIMeister

Phd of TDIClub Enthusiast, Moderator at Large
TDI
TDI
I would have thought the same thing as your husband!

We have our share of problems here, but yeah, I think the demographics of the people on the forum are not what you would exactly call "representative" of what you would see in your local neighbourhoods. :)

biofan

TDI
2003 Jetta
Long way from Manhattan, but...

I know just how you feel, when you wanted to wave. As I see more and more TDIs out in my part of the country, I'm afraid my wife is bored at me for pointing them out as we spot them. I haven't waved yet, but something in me wants to, real bad. Maybe there should be a TDI Club bumper sticker? I've already got one about biodiesel.