Malone Tuning DSG Tunes Now Available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark@MaloneTuning

Vendor , w/Business number
Blaine, Washington and Vancouver, British Columbia
TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
After 8 months of development, I am happy to announce full-featured DSG software for 2009 and newer TDIs:

We require a $2000 deposit for each DSG flash tool we loan out.

Group Buy Opportunity: A DSG flash tool can flash multiple vehicles. Contact us for more information on group buy discounts. All vehicles must be local to each other for the Group Buy to be effective.

If you want to inquire or place an order, please use our contact form.

Last edited:

Mark@MaloneTuning

TDI
'14 GSW TDI, '11 Golf TDI, '97 Golf Variant Syncro 1.9L TDI, '96 Golf 1.9L ASV TDI, '93 Eurovan Westfalia 1.9L TDI, '09 BMW 335d, '17 BMW 328d
Additionally, our ECU tunes for DSG vehicles are now available. As some people are aware, we have been refraining from publicly releasing ECU tunes for DSG vehicles until we finished testing the complete DSG package.

Elfnmagik

Veteran Member
TDI
Currently De-Dub'd
This is interesting. Can you shed a little more light on the smoothing out of the characteristics? I recently had my Mechatronic replaced because of abrupt/clunky/clutching issues and after 3 mos. it's starting again. Is this tune more geared to deal with the extra power from an ECU tune, or was the focus on the smoothing out? Thanks.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'15 Jetta TDI SE / '06 Jetta TDI DSG Pkg0 / '96 Passat TDI
What about the '06 DSG's? Is there any improvement to be had?

Tony

Mark@MaloneTuning

TDI
I recently had my Mechatronic replaced because of abrupt/clunky/clutching issues and after 3 mos. it's starting again. Is this tune more geared to deal with the extra power from an ECU tune, or was the focus on the smoothing out? Thanks.
It's geared for both power and smoothing out. However if you have underlying problems with the Mechatronic unit, a tune likely won't fix that.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I have a 2006 TDI DSG and I can look into developing DSG software for them if there is enough interest.
Would it be possible to alter the shift behavior? i.e. Could it be programmed to mimic a manual trans? I can get about 3-4mpg better than my wife, by manually shifting at 3000 at or near WOT; where as her best mpg is in Sport mode.

Tony

crpowa

TDI
2009 Jetta tdi
Mark, can you please be more specific on the smoting of the shifts...does this means more clutch slip in order to be smother or simply a faster shift?

Mark@MaloneTuning

TDI
Would it be possible to alter the shift behavior? i.e. Could it be programmed to mimic a manual trans? I can get about 3-4mpg better than my wife, by manually shifting at 3000 at or near WOT; where as her best mpg is in Sport mode.

Tony
Tony,

Depending on the DSG mechatronic unit, the following is possible:

D Mode = 3000 RPM shift point, even at WOT.
S Mode = 4000 or 4500 RPM shift point.

In some cases the D mode seems to shift pretty late at partial load, despite the fact that the TDI reaches peak torque at very low RPM. It may feel like the DSG was programmed for a higher RPM gas car or bigger turbo. Thus I can make D mode shift earlier during partial load. For example shift at 2300 RPM instead of 2500 RPM at 40% load, and shift at 2700 RPM instead of 3000 RPM at 70% load. Lower RPM in daily driving means potentially better fuel economy and reduced cylinder wear.

Cheers,
Mark

Last edited:

boertje

Veteran Member
TDI
'01, '01, '03, ‘06 NB - TDIs all.
Mark, I find that my dsg actually shifts too early and we usually drive it in sport mode some of the time but that is not ideal either.

TonyJetta

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Depending on the DSG mechatronic unit, the following is possible:

D Mode = 3000 RPM shift point, even at WOT.
S Mode = 4000 or 4500 RPM shift point.
Now we are talking about potential! :D

For example shift at 2300 RPM instead of 2500 RPM at 40% load, and shift at 2700 RPM instead of 3000 RPM at 70% load. Lower RPM in daily driving means potentially better fuel economy and reduced cylinder wear.
I like it! :D I like it a LOT!

It may feel like the DSG was programmed for a higher RPM gas car or bigger turbo.
Yes, at least for the '06MY, it does feel like it was programmed for a high RPM gas engine.

Thanks Mark! :rolleyes: Yet another way to spend my money! ;)

Tony

Jake Bergen

TDI
2011 Golf TDI DSG
Malone DSG Mechatronic tune testimonial

First off I would like to thank Mark for developing this wonderful tune and allowing me to be the first in North America to use his loner tool :)

Now let's get to the good stuff!

1: Install was performed by H2Sport in Georgetown Ontario and was completed with only moderate difficulty. Keep in mind that this was the first time they have performed this type of install. I can safely say the next time they do this install it will be easier and faster.

2: First impression after turning on the car is that it idles smoother. As I left the shop in drive I immediately noticed The car was more responsive almost eager like Sport mode but not with all the high reving. I also noticed the power came on smoother and more linear. Sport mode was similar but more aggressive. Manual mode would now stay in gear and only automatically shift up if red lining or shift down if under 1000rpm.

I am still not chipped yet but with my torque limit raised to 450nm and my clutch pressure raised to handle more torque I look forward to getting Malone's stage 2 chip in the spring.

In conclusion I am very impressed with the tune and believe it to be just as important as a chip.

I hope this post answers a lot of your questions.

Cheers :D

Bob G

TDI
2011 Golf
2011 Golf Engine and DSG update

[FONT=&quot]Finally had chance to give the new mods a good test over the last few days and must say the results are very impressive.

Engine re-mapping is super smooth and performance throughout the range is great, torque improvements really show in simple passing manoeuvers.
Fuel economy variation is difficult to tell with the usual winter diesel and winter tire [/FONT][FONT=&quot]efficiency losses [/FONT][FONT=&quot]noted.
Will be interesting to see how traction fares once we get some snow on the ground!

DSG mod has also greatly improved the drivability with no harsh thumping changes on kick-down or at max rpm. Gear changes are super smooth now and significantly better than I could have ever achieve consistently with an manual transmission.

You have made a good car great and real fun to drive, increased the smile factor many times.

Well done Mark.
[/FONT]

35mphgolf

TDI
2013 Golf R
Thanks Bob_G for the update.

I've been on the fence about the ECU and DSG tunes for a while. I'm leasing my TDI right now, not sure if I want to purchase it or turn it in... either way, I want to make sure I don't screw myself in the long run.

Thanks Mark for the great work - If I can convince myself to do it, I would love to make a trip to your Shippensburg, PA location (I'm in southeast VA) to get my ECU and DSG done with some income tax $$$ :D

Benjamin

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Tdi Jetta Mine, 2008 Jeep GC CRD, 2005 Passat TDi
He said he could do my 2008 Jeep with the 3.0 CRD, so I would assume the 2.7 should be a go as well.

47coeman

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 jetta TDI, 94 TDI German block in a Samurai
TNX Tony I will give him a call on his voice mail line in the next couple of days as I have two friends that are looking at doing there Mercedes ecu's also.

TL A3

TDI
2012 A3
Is there a difference for the Audi TDi's, or are all DSG's the same???

Have you done a 2009-2012 Audi TDI?

After 8 months of development, I am happy to announce full-featured DSG software for 2009 and newer TDIs:

We require a $2000 deposit for each DSG flash tool we loan out.

Group Buy Opportunity: A DSG flash tool can flash multiple vehicles. Contact us for more information on group buy discounts. All vehicles must be local to each other for the Group Buy to be effective.

If you want to inquire or place an order, please use our contact form.

FZONE

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
Mark,

Will the DSG tune you are offering fix the lurch/hesitation problem outlined in this thread?

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?5387091-DSG-TDI-Updates

I've got a 2012 TDI that lurches at slow speeds and has a hesitation from a stop and coming out of corners. I talked to my dealer about it and they say that there are no updates for the 2012 at this time to address the problem.

Will you do any kind of a bundle price for the DSG & ECU tune done at the same time?

Thanks
Greg

Status
Not open for further replies.