Malone Stage 3. Excellent

firehawk618

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf TDI, 2dr, M6, Stock
I had a blacksmoke.uk tune in my ALH for a year and it was a definite improvement over stock. For the price I have no complaints about it.

I finally pulled the trigger on a stage 3 with Malone and wow what a difference.

More torque and a MUCH more linear throttle. I mean before it felt like 1/2 throttle on made no difference. I'm pretty sure that blacksmoke remapped the throttle to have a faster response at the expense of 1/2 throttle to full throttle response. I mean it felt like it made almost no difference once you were 1/2 throttle to the floor.

Malones is just smooth as butter at every throttle position. If i'm at 3/4 throttle then roll into the last 1/4 I can feel it pull harder.

Love it!

Also FYI I really wanted to check out Mikel *sp?*'s TDTuning's tune but the website when I checked a week ago was pretty worthless as far as info / pricing / ordering. I don't know if it's temporary but it surely influenced my decision. I really wanted to support a local guy.

Last edited:

Barnitz

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta
So where did you end up getting your tune? In person or via email and loader?
The loader is the way to go. Completely worth it. I didn't buy it originally, (rented one), and ended up buying it later. It can really help if you have issues down the road and need to troubleshoot or just want to go back to stock to sell the car etc.

kiwibru

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 2-door, 2k Silver. Red RTDI now gone but not forgotten!
I have a loader that came with the most recently acquired Golf. It has a tune from another tuner that I am going to have to tweak. I need to do some engine upgrades though and then pull the plug on the current tune and upgrade. It will sure beat having to pull the ECU and sending it off or waiting for a GTG that has a tuner attending.