Malone stage 1/AHU pros/cons

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta TDi, 2015 Passat TDi
Greetings, hope all is well. Just ordered Stage 1 from Malone tune for my AHU. Its my beater, so im sticking with it. 20 HP isn't much to some, but it is a 20% improvement over stock. lol. only mod is a IP mod from Giles, which I advised them. Wonder if anyone did the stage 1 and your pro/cons on it. TY in advance. Stay safe, stay well.

Last edited:

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
Pros from that vendor: are there any?
Cons: too expensive and slow response time.

Contact burpod here an see what he has to say.
Thanks. I really have not heard/read too many bad things about Malone compared to a few others, which is why I went that way. Rocketchip is outside York, Pa. a 3 plus hour drive. But never returns calls or emails. So i went with Malone. Driving back and forth to Manhattan for the most part, i would prefer a little more pep. Any higher stage and the rust would fly off the car, lol. I havent been on here in awhile (my fault due to social media), and i already ordered the Malone prior to popping back on here. If you are correct, I can always zip to Burpod and have him do it. Its my beater, but it is a fun car to drive. Drivetrain is still good to go according to my pal Tyler (burn_your_money), so after retirement i may have him drop it into an old Rabbit pickup Ill have to find out in your neck of the woods. Though i do like some of the trucks the place in Pahrump has in stock. Thanks again for the reply, and ill keep you posted. Stay safe, stay well.

smketrny

Veteran Member
TDI
ZSI….? Not a great reputation, if so.

-Todd
Gotcha. Living on the east coast its obviously tough to see what hes has or work thats been done. Id like to drop the AHU and put it in a rabbit pickup, and i guess the best bet is to get a truck from out of that area.