MALONE DEALER DID NOT FLASH DSG...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
Malone Tuning Dealer (Strokin Diesel-Oneonta, AL) programed engine but not DSG.
Returned after transmission failure / replacement for DSG flash to replacement transmission.
(NOT KNOWING ORIGINAL WAS NOT FLASHED)
Malone dealer (Strokin Diesel) again claimed to have flashed DSG...BUT DID NOT!
OEM DSG tune discovered by my mechanic during perodic maintenance.
Confronted dealer (Strokin Diesel) with this information, dealer stated....I don't have cable for DSG flash....

***????

Would you go back to this dealer?
Multiple emails sent to Malone corporate.
owain@malonetuning.com
info@malonetuning.co

Malone has not responded.

Anyone?

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
The problem would be the dealer, not Malone. I know a local guy who does the same sort of things...
It's between you and the shop you had do the work. If you have receipts of the "work" you'd have to go after them for false representation and stating they did something, with you paying for it, but not actually doing the work.

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
This "Malone Dealer" represents Malone.
Malone Tuning is OK with this level of service?
Strokin Diesel is still listed as Malone dealer.
Requesting Malone respond.

Last edited:

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
agree with @Nero Morg Malone didn't rip you off, that other person did.

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
Email malone tuning. Mark will get to the bottom of it.
This isn't the place for this. This is between you and the shop you used.
You have a dog in this dustup?
The (above named) shop is listed on Malone site as a Malone dealer....agent of Malone.
The shop has taken money for a service not provided.
The shop has perpetrated a fraud. Customer has real damages.
Taking the shop to court is down the road, prolly take years to get satisfaction....if ever.
Malone is not on the hook for any of this.....however.

Need trans programmed now!!! Before another transmission is trashed.
So far Malone is silent...non responsive.

Request guidance from Malone, where do I go now?
How to get the program I purchased in my DSG transmission.

Would hope Malone would be ALARMED to know one of their "Dealers" treats Malone customers in this fashion.
Richard C
roco22@UAB.edu

Nero Morg

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 A6 TDI, 2001 Jetta TDI, 2014 Passat TDI
A mechanic shop that is a dealer of Malone is just a partnership. Their screw up is not on part of Malone. Seriously. This is not the place. We can't do anything. All you're doing is whining at a bunch of enthusiasts who have NO POWER to change your situation. As others have said, Malone will get to it soon, he's a busy person.

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
You can also go to tunezilla.com make an account and open a ticket. As stated by others that shop is a distributer of malone products. THEY are on the hook for it and not malone. That being said, I know mark will do everything possible to get to the bottom of it. He is also very busy. As far as I know. All tunes come from him. So he's extremely busy. Bashing him and acting a fool does not help anyone. The shops rent the tools out. It's possible they are waiting for it back to do the dsg tune. Just drive easily. And this is why I spent the money and rented the tool. Hey @Owain@malonetuning might want to take a looksie if you havent

Owain@malonetuning

Associate Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
PD jetta wagon
Appreciate it chaos,

We haven't received any communication from you Richard, either at info@malonetuning.com, my personal email, through a ticket, a phone call, or a pm here. Otherwise we would have looked into this. These are your only posts on this website.

roco the snake.PNG

If this is a legitimate claim please reach out to us at info@malonetuning.com with some information. I will not continue a public conversation here but I'd be happy to get to the bottom of this.

To be clear: Running stock DSG software would not cause your transmission to fail. We have customers with 2015s that have been running stock dsg software for years. If that's something you wish to pursue, it would probably be best that the shop refunds you for software, reverts the car to stock, and walks away from this so that you can go elsewhere.

Thank you,

Owain

Last edited:

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Lol. Damage from a stock tune....... Now I've heard it all! Almost as bad as an abused head trying to claim shop fault.

Mraar0n

Veteran Member
TDI
Volkswagen Jetta tdi 2014
Lol. Damage from a stock tune....... Now I've heard it all! Almost as bad as an abused head trying to claim shop fault.
I think he meant he thought having a tune on his ecu that was supposed to have a dsg along with it may have ruined his tranny, although I don’t think that is what happened at all I think that was his thought process

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Figured I'd go right for the throat and get it taken care of. We d
Appreciate it chaos,

We haven't received any communication from you Richard, either at info@malonetuning.com, my personal email, through a ticket, a phone call, or a pm here. Otherwise we would have looked into this. These are your only posts on this website.

View attachment 114225

If this is a legitimate claim please reach out to us at info@malonetuning.com with some information. I will not continue a public conversation here but I'd be happy to get to the bottom of this.

To be clear: Running stock DSG software would not cause your transmission to fail. We have customers with 2015s that have been running stock dsg software for years. If that's something you wish to pursue, it would probably be best that the shop refunds you for software, reverts the car to stock, and walks away from this so that you can go elsewhere.

Thank you,

Owain
Figured I'd go right to the beast and use proper channels. You guys have been very good to me. So I'm fairly loyal. I even emailed you guys too. So youd be able to figure out who I am fairly easily. I don't stand for bashing. Now that I know he never emailed malone. Hopefully this gets sorted.

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
Appreciate it chaos,

View attachment 114225

Thank you,

Owain

roco22

TDI
GOLF Wagon 2015 TDI
Owain,
No bashing of your product proffered here...
Maybe a dig at the peanut gallery.
Getting your attention was goal.
Malone customer (2 vehicles 09 & 15 TDI's ) since 2011.
Check your inboxes.... (info & owain addy's).
Emails sent 12/20/20 @ 6:03pm & 01/05/21 @ 8:52am.
No, not sent from addy in post.
Message (via forum) & email on the way.

Respectfully,
Rick C

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Owain,
No bashing of your product proffered here...
Maybe a dig at the peanut gallery.
Getting your attention was goal.
Malone customer (2 vehicles 09 & 15 TDI's ) since 2011.
Check your inboxes.... (info & owain addy's).
Emails sent 12/20/20 @ 6:03pm & 01/05/21 @ 8:52am.
No, not sent from addy in post.
Message (via forum) & email on the way.

Respectfully,
Rick C
Well. Not the best way to go about it champ. Even though I have their direct emails. I sent one to the main inbox and just tagged owain. They won't do you dirty like that. Thy sky isn't falling...yet.
I've been having a strange reoccurring code since I flached my trans. I'm thinking it's just a bad pressure sensor. But malone said that I could bring it to one of the shops and get it looked at. If it's coding related it'll be reflashed. I just haven't made the time.

Rapid Transit

Veteran Member
TDI
03 4dr Golf GLS
Well. Not the best way to go about it champ.
Rick,
Congratulations on your big win.
I’m sure it was frustrating to be dealing with car problems throughout the holidays. This is a perfect example of why we covet our Gurus. Hopefully, Malone can shed some light on the situation and provide some support. Remember, they had the holidays to deal with too.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
dude, chill man. what are you trying to do here, all your doing is stirring up bad vibes. If this is not to involve the "us of the forums" or anyone of "us" who have the right to post here, then take it private. you have no right to say things like
This not about you.
So..... yea..... happy to see someone is the Philippines driving a performance TDI but your lucky to get what you can in areas like that.
All i see here is a unhappy car owner who put modifications on it and "now something broke, oh wow, it must be from the mod right...... cars just dont break with stock settings lol.... NOT....." and now wants to blame someone in hops of who knows why because you have nothing to gain by asking Owain for anything. this is between you and your mechanic over a word of mouth deal because i have yet to see any receipts and we have asked. so...... i dont care whose name is on it, you feel you must come here and do what you feel you must.
ive seen it before and it wont stop with you.
good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.