Making intercooler piping work for GT1856v

bikerboyriley

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 golf 2 door
Got a GT1856v on it's way to me from a tdi forum member. Came with proper oil lines and exhaust manifold. I know it will require some intercooler pipe modification and I would like to have the parts here ready to install for when the turbo gets here (less down time). What parts will I need to make the intercooler piping to work ?

thanks

riley

loudspl

Veteran Member
TDI
02 ASV w/ 02J
I had a big Eurojet FMIC with that. It had everything fitted to the TDI more or less in the kit.

If I had to replace it, I would go for an Ebay kit and just get the silicone couplings and v-band clamps to seal it up. Cheaper that way but will require some customization for exact fit

GT TDI Golf

TDI
2001 Golf TDI
I've got one of the S/T 1856's fitted with a Eurojet as well. When it was first installed I ran it with the factory intercooler and it hooked right up. The one you bought has a different housing on the intake side than mine though. Mine looks almost exactly like a VNT15 on the outside. It ran fine but it was obvious when it got heatsoaked. (didn't take much) You'll love the turbo though. I know I love mine! Good luck!