Major issue - help needed

psaboic

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS Black
Doing the timing belt on my 2002 Jetta 5 Spd. You know the motor mount that goes between he body and the block (Not the pendulum mount but the one that everyone says you cannot remove without pulling the motor) Well, as I was jacking the motor a bit, it FELL OUT. I'm ready to start putting the car back together again but I can't get the mount in. Any body have this poblem and solved it.....HELP. I don't want to have to pull the motor.

ketchupshirt88

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Passat daily, a bunch of others in the graveyard out back...
you DO NOT need to pull the motor.

on both ALH timing belts ive done on my 2 MK4s, I removed that mount completely and put it back in afterward.

it takes more patience than I typically have but after enough swearing and such it will go back in. You basically have to lower or raise the engine until it is in the sweet spot where that will go back in.

I use a floor jack under the oil pan with a block of wood so you do not crack the oil pan accidentally.

psaboic

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Jetta GLS Black
THanks Ketchup.

That is exactly what I did, jacked it up and down until I found the sweet spot. Also judicious use of a crow bar/pry bar helped a lot. It went in, but damn I agree with you it took WAY more patience then I usually have.........*whew*

dweisel

Top Post Dawg
TDI
dweisel isn't diesel anymore!
Yeah, that mount will try your patience. Aa few savory cuss words always helps. It like one of those metal horse shoe puzzles. Once you know the combination it's fairly easy.