Magnaflow "cat back" fitted to 14 A7

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
04 Jetta GLS BEW, 14 Audi A7 V6 TDI, 13 Porsche Cayenne V6 TDI
Magnaflow insists their cat back fits only 2016 Audi A6/A7 cars, but clearly does not (wrong tips on facelifted cars). It fits the 2014/15 cars perfectly. I don't know how many conversations I had with them, including pointing out that the car in their own install instructions is in fact a 2015...

But - along with the buzzken straight pipe down pipe, I'm wide open all the way turbo back now and loving it!!! Picture uploads at work are problematic... here are a few kinda crappy videos, but I love how it sounds!

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Nice, but I'm scared to ask how much all this ran you as I've seen the insanity pricing on some of these systems...... you clearly had to get a tune in order to address all the other stuff that "fell off".

MrCypherr

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk6 Wagon
Forgot these came with a 3L v6. Sound really nice plus that must feel nice in a sedan.

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Nice, but I'm scared to ask how much all this ran you as I've seen the insanity pricing on some of these systems...... you clearly had to get a tune in order to address all the other stuff that "fell off".
I only found 2 systems for the north american (single turbo) A6/A7. Supersprint and Magnaflow. Supersprint is double the Magnaflow, which still isn't all that cheap. I found a new, open box kit on ebay for under $800. Malone "stage 2" to go with the Buzzken downpipe. The magnaflow will fit a stock car as well - it has the two bungs for the sensors.

Buzzken downpipe was $1200, Tune with a tunezilla tuner was $950 on black friday sale. So - around $3k for everything. I need to be able to revert back to stock so that limited some of the options for tuning and hardware.

Forgot these came with a 3L v6. Sound really nice plus that must feel nice in a sedan.
It really does! I specifically wanted a 3.0 V6 - didn't really matter the vehicle. Too many problems with the 2.0 cars post emissions "fix". I ruled out the SUVs quickly (I have a truck and I wanted a car to take my Mastiff to day care plus commute to work). A8 was a bit big. A6/A7 were all that was left. Always loved the A7 from when the first came out. I got real lucky with one of the few for sale across the country being less than 100 miles away.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Imo for the cost of those pipes... you could have a 2nd car!

gforce1108

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Imo for the cost of those pipes... you could have a 2nd car!
Well - I have 6 others.... ;) In this case, I bought a 03 wagon for $1k and sold it for more than enough to buy all the go-fast parts after commuting 17k miles with it. I got a pretty good deal on this loaded Prestige S-line sport A7 for $22k. Less than I sold back my scandal 13 Passat for!